Solved

Italy trip Sept. 2023

• 22 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi! 

My question is about a specific train, which I’m hoping someone will be able to help me with.

We’ve arranged an itinerary to and from Italy (using the Interrail website) which includes an overnight stop in Lausanne on the way out. When I first arranged the itinerary, there was a train shown on the website from Lausanne to Milan at 08:18, so I based the 2nd day of our itinerary around that train. Having subsequently checked on the Interrail website, this train is no longer shown, although it does appear on The SBB and Trenitalia websites, as well as the Trainline website. Is there a reason why the Interrail site is not showing it? Also, if the service is running, can we use our passes and if so, how do we go about booking seat reservations?

Thanks in anticipation ,Andy

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 May 2023, 17:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is currently a problem about that route on Rail Planner. Add it manually. It's best to use bahn.com or the companies websites for planning. Your pass is entirely valid, don't worry.

For seat reservations : use tickets.oebb.at (no booking fee) -> add Interrail/Eurail as a discount and select one-way tickets. It costs 11€.

This website (Austrian Railways) also works in Italy and many other countries.

- 13€ Frecciarossa

- 3€ IC trains

You might be a bit too early for September though. Trains are usually available 3 months in advance.

Thank you so much! I think I’ve worked it out!

Quick update - I took your advice and we’re all booked via the Austrian Railways website. Thanks once again for your advice!