Solved

London St Pancras to London Bridge

• 25 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everybody! 

Taking the Eurostar back to London this weekend and have a small query on how to get to London Bridge from St Pancras.... if possible using only the Eurail Global Pass.

The Eurail App doesn't show any direct routes but on digging I found this route below:

However, since the reliability of the app has come under the clouds during my stay in Spain, thought I would ask here for greater clarity…

By the way, my ultimate destination is High Brooms (via London Bridge):

Also, if there's another direct way to get to High Brooms from St Pancras International, please do let me know. Many thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.  Regards.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 25 May 2023, 13:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are 10 trains per hour between St Pancras and London Bridge : all are fully included. There are gates so you'll need to ask staff to open them for you.

It is the most straight-forward route to High Brooms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That route (St. Pancras-LondonBridge) is possible with Thameslink no? Change to a Southeastern train in London Bridge to get to High Broom.

All included in the pass.

I always use this planner: https://citymapper.com/london in and around big cities like London, Paris, Madrid,...

Userlevel 1
Badge

There are 10 trains per hour between St Pancras and London Bridge : all are fully included. There are gates so you'll need to ask staff to open them for you.

Thanks for the confirmation...  that makes it a whole lot easier!

By the way, these 10 or so trains eveey hour are not all on the Horsham line, right? The app doesn't show any at all…

Regards 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are 2 direct trains between St Pancras and Horsham, more with connections at London Bridge. Do not use the app to plan, it is not reliable. nationalrail.co.uk will help

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the tip...

The site https://nationalrail.co.uk/ does indeed show the London Bridge connection via ThamesLink. 

Now how does one add the ticket to the mobile pass if the app will not list it?

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can always add a train manually. That's weird I can't see trains either to London Bridge but no problem for East Croydon...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Some trains in London are simply missing. Thameslink is not always in the app, it seems.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Could you please elaborate on the gates that will open upon requested? Where are these gates and where they lead? 

Just a little description would put it into perspective…

Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

They look like this, like in subway stations. There will be staff around. 

You then go down to the underground railway tracks.

There are gates in major stations in the UK, France, Italy and the Netherlands (in the latter the pass QR-code should open the gates directly)