Skip to main content
Solved

Madrid to Lisbon

• 26 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I am supposed to be travelling from Madrid to Lisbon tomorrow, the 27th of July. 

I had intended taking the train from Madrid to Badajoz tomorrow morning at 8:50am, then Badajoz to Entroncamento and finally from there to Lisbon. 

However, I went to the train station in Barcelona today and was told the train from Madrid to Badajoz is fully booked. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of any other routes I could take to get there. I have seen the other journeys available that day but there are much longer and mean I won’t arrive in Lisbon until late at night.

Any help would be much appreciated!

You’ll have to reserve on the later trains as well and they might sell out as far as by Badajoz. If you’re in Madrid you may need to take a bus not covered by your pass. It is peak season in Spain so you’ll need to reserve trains several days in advance on most routes 

This is the usual alternative, it always has plenty of seats. I'm surprised staff didn't offer it:

- ARC Madrid-Atocha - Puertollano 10:05 - 11:30

- REG.EXP. Puertollano - Badajoz 12:00 - 16:05

- R Badajoz - Entrocamento 19:41 - 21:24 (incl. 1h difference)

- IC Entrocamento - Lisbon 21:43 - 22:41

If the arrival is too late for you, get a bus but I wouldn't recommend it. Book ASAP whichever option you choose.