Solved

Night train 1st class with VY?

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I posted a few days ago regarding availability of the night train from Stockholm to Narvik on December 11th.  We have continued to check the schedules every day and this morning tickets are available!! (YAY!) My next question, why are there no 1st class berths available?  Am I searching incorrectly? Is it possible that the train only has 2nd class private sleeper berths? We are ok with 2nd class, but the private bathroom offered in 1st class would be our preference if it is available.  Am I missing something? I’ve checked on both Vy and SJ. Any help is appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 5 October 2022, 14:59

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It seems reservations are now open for the summer seat on this Narvik to Stockholm route. Can anyone help with info on the direct train??

I am looking at the different booking sites and they all show the connecting service (regional service connecting to a night train from Boden) available most days. But the direct night train is not available any day, with any type of seat/cabin. 

Is this because it is sold out already, or is it simply not released yet? The Vy website just says booking open for the summer, I can’t see any more specific information!

I see availability on sj.se until 11 August. What's your intended travel date?

Badge +2

It seems reservations are now open for the summer seat on this Narvik to Stockholm route. Can anyone help with info on the direct train??

I am looking at the different booking sites and they all show the connecting service (regional service connecting to a night train from Boden) available most days. But the direct night train is not available any day, with any type of seat/cabin. 

Is this because it is sold out already, or is it simply not released yet? The Vy website just says booking open for the summer, I can’t see any more specific information!

Exactly what date and what type of compartment are you looking for? Some compartments only run between Boden and Stockholm. 

I am looking at Narvik departure 5/6/7/8 June. But I see the same for any date in May or June. 

The booking screen shows a 1511 direct train, but unavailable for any type of seat or cabin. 

Exactly what date and what type of compartment are you looking for? Some compartments only run between Boden and Stockholm. 

I am looking at Narvik departure 5/6/7/8 June. But I see the same for any date in May or June. 

The booking screen shows a 1511 direct train, but unavailable for any type of seat or cabin. 

I think i saw that ticket are relaesed up to 28/05/23.

I’m looking daily as i need to book a train in june but nothing has been availbalbe yet. Las date available is 13th may. Just have to wait for june then i guess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@justin1123 @Del10h I have sent an email to VY customer service asking about when the tickets for night train 93 from Narvik to Stockholm will be released. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@justin1123 @Del10h I have sent an email to VY customer service asking about when the tickets for night train 93 from Narvik to Stockholm will be released. 

@justin1123@Del10h 

The answer from VY Customer Service is that tickets/reservations for most departures are released and that the remaining tickets/reservations will be as soon as VY has received information about the construction works affecting that specific departure.

@justin1123@Del10h 

The answer from VY Customer Service is that tickets/reservations for most departures are released and that the remaining tickets/reservations will be as soon as VY has received information about the construction works affecting that specific departure.

Thanks for the update. Let’s hope tickets will be out soon.

Hej!

I am planning a trip to the Arctic Circle n Jan/Feb 2024 and looking at travelling by train from Stockholm to Kiruna.

However, there doesn't seem to be any availability in 1st class  - has this cabin been discontinued on the night train?

Tak :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hej!

I am planning a trip to the Arctic Circle n Jan/Feb 2024 and looking at travelling by train from Stockholm to Kiruna.

However, there doesn't seem to be any availability in 1st class  - has this cabin been discontinued on the night train?

Tak :)

Reservations for Jan/Feb 2024 will hopefully be able in September/October 2023, so you will have to wait some time. 

Reservations for Jan/Feb 2024 will hopefully be able in September/October 2023, so you will have to wait some time. 

Ah, thanks for this info.

Is First Class still available on this train? I looked at dates for next week/next month and there weren’t any​.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah, thanks for this info.

Is First Class still available on this train? I looked at dates for next week/next month and there weren’t any​.

As far as I know you can't travel on 1st class domestic night train in Sweden even with a 1st class Interrail/Eurail pass.