Solved

Night train booking not available

• 19 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I’m wanting to book night trains for my longer journeys but the rail planner app doesn’t offer any. I want to book them in the following places. 

Paris- Zurich 

Zagreb- Budapest 

Zurich- Bled 

Vienna- Krakow 

Krakow- Prague 

Does anyone know if there is another way to book night trains and if this is included in the interrail pass or not? 

icon

Best answer by elliejanel 20 February 2022, 14:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The question is for when you wanna reserve? As most trains open just 90 or 60days in advance and ontop not all Railcompanies haven´t published their Summertimetable for journey´s after the 12 June.

Paris - Zürich no Nighttrain just a direct Highspeed service (To save money i recommend to catch a Highspeed service just till the border Muhlhouse and from there with a regional train to Basel and further with any train to Zürich)
Direct train reservation will be up to 56€ the money saving route with 2 changes will be 10€ in advance or 20€ last minute

Zürich - Bled can be reserved via oebb.at 🙂 Here a manual how to do :)

Zagreb - Budapest no Nighttrain just a daytime Eurocity reservations can be done via oebb.at (Check the daytime manual from the link above)

Vienna -Krakow can be reserved via oebb.at similar to Zürich - Bled :)

Krakow - Prague can be reserved via cd.CZ (Czech Rail or you use the service of POLRAIL a polish ticket agency)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Note that all trains labelled as NightJet (=night trains mostly to/fro/via Austria) there is just a small discount for passholders-around 15€. You have to pay substantial supplmts for using real bed space in them=sometimes ven more as a night in a hoStel would cost

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Note that all trains labelled as NightJet (=night trains mostly to/fro/via Austria) there is just a small discount for passholders-around 15€. You have to pay substantial supplmts for using real bed space in them=sometimes ven more as a night in a hoStel would cost

There is no discount it are fixed prices from 14€ for a seat up to 150€ for a single deluxe sleeüer  :) And Between 150€ for a Single Deluxe Sleeper with Eurail/Interrail and a last minute booking of 220€ for the same is quite a lot more than 15€ :) Just a example what reservation fee´s can be expected on Nightjets :) https://rail.cc/interrail-night-train/vienna-paris-oebb-nightjet-nj468/634

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The question is for when you wanna reserve? As most trains open just 90 or 60days in advance and ontop not all Railcompanies haven´t published their Summertimetable for journey´s after the 12 June.

Paris - Zürich no Nighttrain just a direct Highspeed service (To save money i recommend to catch a Highspeed service just till the border Muhlhouse and from there with a regional train to Basel and further with any train to Zürich)
Direct train reservation will be up to 56€ the money saving route with 2 changes will be 10€ in advance or 20€ last minute

Zürich - Bled can be reserved via oebb.at 🙂 Here a manual how to do :)

Zagreb - Budapest no Nighttrain just a daytime Eurocity reservations can be done via oebb.at (Check the daytime manual from the link above)

Vienna -Krakow can be reserved via oebb.at similar to Zürich - Bled :)

Krakow - Prague can be reserved via cd.CZ (Czech Rail or you use the service of POLRAIL a polish ticket agency)

Great thank you! I was planning on booking as soon as possible for 16th May- and 4 weeks onwards. With the money saving route from Paris- Zurich, does this come in the interrail pass and if so does it count as 2 travel days or just 1? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes the Route Paris - Muhlhouse - Basel - Zürich comes to the travelpass and takes one travelday if you do this journey on the same day :)

On a travelday you can travel as much you like/manage in Europe :)