Solved

Night train reservation- possible to book a whole cochette, or extra supplement for the 6 berth to reserve it fully?

Hello everyone

We have a second class inter rail ticket. We are a family of 4. We want to get the night train from Toulon to Paris. Is there anyway of booking a whole cochette I am only being offered the 6 birth and I know that if we were just buyng a single ticket we would have the option to pay a supliment to reserve the whole carriage. We have 2 children with us and consequently would like the privacy of our own copartment.

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by cheval_sur_interrail 6 June 2022, 23:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should be able to book by phone at SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Userlevel 1

Hi Jenny, basically in France: couchette 2nd class = 6 berths per compartment. Couchette 1st class = 4 berths per compartment. If you hold Interrail 2nd class, I’m afraid you only have the option 6 berths per compartment. As far as I know, it’s not possible to block the remaining 2 berths. Well, I have small children myself, I understand what you are looking for. Actually, Toulon - Paris by TGV day train is just a bit more than 4 hours, it might be an alternative for u.