Solved

Not able to add cross-border journey (Mobile Pass)

• 22 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m planning on travelling from my own country towards another. However I don’t want to use the outbound trid. Instead I will travel with another subscription, that allows unlimited travel until the border.

But it’s required to record the journeys? On the old interrail ticket it was possible to write something like “NL/BE Border”, but haven’t found a way to do this in the app. How do you do this? 😁

An example could be the train from Rotterdam to Antwerp.
Entering the last station in the Netherlands is no option. And there are no stations between the border and Antwerp. So entering the first Belgium station is no option as well.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 April 2022, 16:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can do this in the app by adding a manual journey. As the starting point of your manual journey, you then enter the tariff border point. If you’re using the intercity train, then that would be Hazeldonk(Gr). Choose Belgium as the country and then it won't use an inbound/outbound journey.

You can often find the border points in the train details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Er zijn-afh van welke route-toch beslist wel een aantal staties tot de sinjorenstad. Niet met stops met die superdure Thalys-de toeslag daarvoor is bijna even hoog als het goedkoopste biljet. Overigens-als het soms een stud-OV is: geldt niet in de Tls!

YOu have to use the MANUAL function on the app (rian knows better-he uses it, I dont and his fb says he is expert in INternat. train fares) and ANY border tariff point in official railspeak has 1 official name-for the faster line its Hazeldonk grens. Or Roosendaal grens on the old slow line. If you write Noorderkempen/grens instead of Hzld noone will care. Careful: the app has hidden added the country to all station names, so with Rsdl it may still mean it thinks you travel in NL. This is to not let you travel in home-country unlimited.

(in the past the fares were calculated using these tariff points-it was simply the sum of national fares on both sides-it also thus meant you had to use exactly those via points).

But you need to have some old-style training in selling INtern tickets to know the names for all these points-but in your case it only applies to NL. IN fact I have the very same-I save the free OUTbound till I have to use a train in peak time (as my subsc is off-peak only)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi, Just wanted to confirm what you've been told. Here is the confirmation I received from our customer service:

To start or end your trip at a border station without having to use your out- or in-bound trips on that travel day, you can go to the Planner section and fill in the departure/arrival station followed by the word "border". You should see a notification saying the station was not found, along with an option to "add your journey manually".  By clicking that, you can enter the name of the station + the word "border" and manually select the country (so not your country of residence, in this case, to avoid the use of the out-/in-bound). 

If you combine this with a regular transport card to travel in your own country, instead of regular tickets, remember you may need to check out/in at the border station. If the train does not stop at a border station, you must purchase regular tickets from the last station in one country to the first in the next.

Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Marion Please note that not all border tariff points work like this, especially the ones between Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. There are a lot of border tariff points in real stations and we have now seen multiple instances where the app incorrectly assumes that those stations are in one country only. Here's an example for Brenner station (border tariff point Austria/Italy):

In my opinion, the border tariff points should be looked at and all stations that serve as such should be placed in 2 countries, so the app doesn't (try to) use an inbound/outbound journey when you start a journey there. IMO that's a bug.

So when going to Poland, is it OK to type in “Frankfurt (Oder) (Gr)” and select Poland as the country?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So when going to Poland, is it OK to type in “Frankfurt (Oder) (Gr)” and select Poland as the country?

That's exactly what you need to do. And you need a ticket for the German part of the journey of course.