Solved

ÖBB Reservierungsvorteil - 50% discount on Reservation

• 13 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am looking to book reservations against my EURail Pass for Italian trains on OBB. I came across this ÖBB Reservierungsvorteil at 24.90 Euro which offers 50% discount on seat reservations.

https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/shop/folder/d550661042eb9db9f1603f495667d19e

Does it work? I am looking to buy substantial reservations for my family's train journey's between Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan totalling upto 228 Euro. Will this pass actually cut the reservation cost down to 50%? This is non-cancellable, so I am bit sceptical about buying.

icon

Best answer by Hektor 13 February 2024, 08:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I would not be confident about it applying to Italian passholder reservations as these are effectively a payment directly to Trenitalia for their fee. I also can not find any terms for the offer to say anything on this.

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to ask OBB directly and see if they can give a definite answer one way or the other.

A few drawbacks:

The date of reservation and the date of travel needs to be in the validity period.

You can’t book reservations for others, just a single one for yourself, so every member of your family would need to pay 24,90 € to get the reduction and needs to do a reservation by itself (maybe getting places far away from each other).

You can’t buy the reduction for persons under 15 (if you are going with children).

Technically you don’t buy a seat reservation onlline, you do buy a reduced ticket when buying a passholder reservation for Italy online so I don’t think this will technically work anyway. 

And you need to open an ÖBB account. 

But it’s possible to cancel 14 days from the date of buying.