Solved

Oebb Timetable not consistent with Rail Planner

Sorry for spamming the community as I just asked a question a few mins ago. Here’s another question:

I’m looking at the train from Zurich HB to Wien Hbf departing tonight, and I found that the timetables of OeBB and Rail Planner app are not consistent:

OEBB:  NJ467 Departing from ZURICH HB at 20:40 today (31.05)

whereas Rail planner APP (already updated to the latest version): Departing from ZURICH at 21:40 today (NO train departing at 20:40):

I guess the rail planner one is wrong? How should i activate and reserve the ticket when I couldn’t find the correct train on the RAIL PLANNER timetable? 

Cheers,

Terry

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 31 May 2022, 16:36

View original

5 replies

Also a side question:

why sometimes the Nightjet departing from Zurich at 20h40 and sometimes at 21h40 ? They arrive at the same time at Feldkirch, which seems weird to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The rail planner app is the last place to look for reliable timetables. It is offline and only updated about once per month.

ÖBB will very probably be correct. Looks like an earlier departure because of engineering works.

This is THE reason you should never use the rail planner app to plan.

The rail planner app is the last place to look for reliable timetables. It is offline and only updated about once per month.

ÖBB will very probably be correct. Looks like an earlier departure because of engineering works.

This is THE reason you should never use the rail planner app to plan.

Thanks. But when I buy a reservation on rail planner, it will say valid on train XXXXX from HH:MM to HH:MM, if the HH:MM is not correct does that make the reservation invalid?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can't buy a reservation in the rail planner app. It will just forward you to a website where you can.

The best place to book a reservation for this train is via ÖBB: tickets.oebb.at. Do NOT use "Seat only” but add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets. You can also buy a reservation at a Swiss ticket office.

You can't buy a reservation in the rail planner app. It will just forward you to a website where you can.

Well i’m talking about the interrail website, the timetable there is wrong as well.