Solved

Paris to Luxembourg - unable to make a reservation ''N/A''

• 23 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,
I just purchased a Eurail Global 2 month pass.

I am trying to travel from Paris to Luxembourg on Sunday 17th July, but am not able to make any reservations in the app (coming up as N/A), inOUI website, SNCB… I have read many guides online and even found the one created by this community - but it hasn’t helped for this particular route.

I am feeling very lost - this is going to be my first train of my trip and I am feeling disheartened that it’s this hard!

Wondering if someone is able to give me advice on how to book this journey! Thank you

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 23 June 2022, 09:00

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Hi Anna,
Can the Eurail pass be used for inOui trains? This is the only one coming up.
Thanks,
Isobel

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like there will be engineering works on that day, since the direct trains are not running and there are replacement buses from Thionville or Metz.

In addition, this is the first weekend of French holidays so trains are quick to fill up.

There is availability e.g. in the departure from Paris at 10:40 (change in Thionville).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can the Eurail pass be used for inOui trains? This is the only one coming up.

Sure, that's just a normal TGV run by French railways.

Hi rvdborgt,
I saw the options that were train to Thionville and then bus from Thionville to Luxembourg. But I am unable to book the Thionville to Luxembourg part of it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I saw the options that were train to Thionville and then bus from Thionville to Luxembourg. But I am unable to book the Thionville to Luxembourg part of it?

There are no reservations for the rail replacement bus. You can just board.