Solved

Pass Cover Number needed when making reservation- Mobile Pass

i'm getting desperate :triumph:

i've been searching support pages for two hours for any information.

in order to make a reservation, i have to register as a traveler. but this is only possible if i have a Pass cover number.

i have an online Pass and there is supposedly no such number.

can someone simply explain to me how i can add myself as a traveler for an online Pass without this number?

Moderator note: replaced passport with Pass to clarify the topic
Similar topic: 

icon

Best answer by Нешко Димитров 16 June 2021, 14:16

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, 

After receiving your mobile pass, you have to contact Interrail office/support and ask for pass cover number. They will send you a valid one.

Thanks for your support and info. I will check this on friday with our railroad

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thanks for your support and info. I will check this on friday with our railroad

As far I know SBB does not sell mobile passes by themself, so you buyed it directly over interrail.eu?

So, they won’t be able to issue you a pass cover number.

But probably you can book the reservation directly at the ticket counter without the need of a cover number.

Thanks runner.on.rails.

I‘ll only make the reservation at SBB

How do I contact ‘Interrail office/support’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

How do I contact ‘Interrail office/support’?

Offical via Facebook or Twitter :)

Another option is to get in contact with @Nanja  as Community manager she have the connection to the Support department.

You can also try  appsupport@eurail.com or customerservice@eurail.com if you don.t have twitter or facebook

This absolutely ridiculous!!! When I order the ONLINE/MOBILE PASS, how am I supposed to know to ask for a COVER NUMBER, WHEN THIS IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE SEAT RESERVATION SYSTEM WEBPAGE???

Now I'm in an impossible situation because of this, stuck in Spain, while I have to be in Lübeck Germany in a week to board a ferry. Great job, Eurail, NOT.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This absolutely ridiculous!!! When I order the ONLINE/MOBILE PASS, how am I supposed to know to ask for a COVER NUMBER, WHEN THIS IS NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THE SEAT RESERVATION SYSTEM WEBPAGE???

Now I'm in an impossible situation because of this, stuck in Spain, while I have to be in Lübeck Germany in a week to board a ferry. Great job, Eurail, NOT.

@MjaMHau 

There are other ways to make reservation for most routes where you don't need a pass cover number. If you start a new topic where you give the exact detail (departure date, time and route) you will get advice how to make your reservation.

Thank you, I am well aware of this.

At the moment I am dealing with this. Me having to call all around Europe and stressing about whether or not I will meet my deadline is solely due to the fact that Eurail.com service is highly inaccessible. This is the result of poor planning and execution that would not be excusable in any other  context than InterRail/Eurail that is primarily marketed towards younger customers. Were this service made first and foremost to cater to adult clientele, this sort of neglect would have resulted in the customers voting with their feet as soon as the issues with providing the Pass Cover Number to Online Pass holders first occurred.

When it is obviously integral when traveling in Spain, France, and Germany, just to name a few, to reserve seats - even on direct journeys where the app does not warn of required seat reservations - it is utterly inexcusable to not automatically send the Pass Cover Number along with the Online/Mobile InterRail/Eurail Pass details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When it is obviously integral when traveling in Spain, France, and Germany, just to name a few, to reserve seats - even on direct journeys where the app does not warn of required seat reservations - it is utterly inexcusable to not automatically send the Pass Cover Number along with the Online/Mobile InterRail/Eurail Pass details.

There is now a PCN generator:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations#/generatePassCoverNumber