Solved

Prague - Budapest Overnight Train 2 months in advance

• 5 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

I’ve been wanting to reserve a seat on the overnight train between Prague and Budapest on the 6th of Jan. On the cd.cz website, all trains are available to purchase/reserve except the overnight train departing at 10.43. This train also doesn’t seem to be showing up on any other websites e.g. raileurope. 

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to reserve this train or why I am unable to yet? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 November 2022, 06:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Currently, the last departure that can be booked is on 4 January. I think this train can only be booked 2 months in advance. Just wait a few days.

Thank you very much. I see it is open now. 

I just wanted to ask, how can we book the 4 person couchette? When we are trying to reserve a seat it is only showing the sleeper cabins (3 berth, double and single). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just wanted to ask, how can we book the 4 person couchette? When we are trying to reserve a seat it is only showing the sleeper cabins (3 berth, double and single).

The couchette on this route only runs in summer. The past summer, it only ran 10/11 June until 30 Sept/1 Oct.

Ah okay thank you - the website is now saying it is sold out of sleeper cabins for this route which seems incorrect as it only went on sale today. Do you know if this is correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It can be sold out yes.  Night trains are very popular and space is limited. It’s the last friday of a holiday period, many people will return home from family visits or holidays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah okay thank you - the website is now saying it is sold out of sleeper cabins for this route which seems incorrect as it only went on sale today. Do you know if this is correct?

I just did a test for 4 persons in 2 double compartments and could get to the payment page. I saw I got places 21, 22, 25, 26 in coach 364. So it doesn't seem to be sold out. I've now cancelled this booking.