Solved

Prices in Italy

• 22 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I’m preparing for my Interrail this summer and I am booking some seat reservations. Is it normal to pay 15 euro for a 40 min train? I find it kind of expensive to pay 30 euros for two trains when the total travel time is 2 hours, when I have already paid for my Interrail pass. I did not find it expensive in other countries.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 April 2024, 20:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The length doesn't matter but the type of train does. Frecciarossa (high-speed) is always 13€.

Advance tickets in Italy are cheap (often cheaper than a pass day + reservation) but at the last minute a pass becomes useful -> fixed reservation price while tickets triple.

Availability in Italy is not an issue a few days in advance, you don't have to book right now if you prefer to remain flexible.

Book elsewhere than on interrail.eu as the website adds 2€ per person per train. See: https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

What's your journey? There might be slightly slower reservation-free regional trains along the same route. Regional train timetables might not be published yet for the summer.