Solved

Problem Booking seat reservations online

I just bought a Eurail 15 days in 2 months Pass and was trying to book seat reservations. I will be arriving in Paris on May 31st and my first train is on June 1st from paris to Lyon, which is why I really want to book my reservations online, not in person.

I have tried multiple times, and many different routes, but I keep getting the same error message. It says:  “please find an alternate connection, the unavailable leg will be removed from your cart”. This message pops up no matter the route or time I try.

I also tried to book through the travel.b.europe website, however, I need a pass cover number for that, and I have a digital pass. I do not want to risk booking the ticket the day of arrival so I don’t know how this can be fixed. 

The trains I plan to take which need a reservation are the following: 

Paris Gare de lyon- Lyon Part Dieu: June 1, 2022    12:50-14:36

Lyon Part Dieu – Milano Centrale: June 2, 2022  10:38-17:40

Milano Centrale- Firenze S.M.N: June 8, 2022 10:10-12:04

Bruxelles Midi- Paris Nord :  June 26, 2022   11:13-13:08

icon

Best answer by Angelo 20 May 2022, 17:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to contacted Customer Support through this form if you want the Pass Cover Number.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Customer Support is currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. Please mention to Customer Support at what date you plan to start travelling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Lyon Part Dieu – Milano Centrale: June 2, 2022  10:38-17:40  This is not a direct train. You have to take a TER service to Geneva (Switzerland) and then take Eurocity 39 to Milano Centrale. The first train is not possible to buy a reservation. You have only to add the train on the railplanner app and activate the Eurail and you only have to hop on the train. 

From Geneva to Milan you need a reservation, you can buy it online via Austrian Railways tickets.oebb.at - one way ticket - 1x adult add discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass (11€ in 2nd class). 

Milan - Firenze the same via tickets.oebb.at - one way ticket - 1x adult add discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass (10€). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The train arriving in Lyon at 14.26 on the 1st of June is leaving Paris at 12.28 according to DB (the German Railway. The train has mandatory reservation. There is also a TGV leaving Paris at 12.50 arriving in Lyon at 14.56.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you're in a hurry to book, then you can call SNCF (press #85 for English). No booking fees and reservations will be sent via email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Are you really so tied to this 1 train P->L? TGV trains run ev hour in 2 hrs-even a few more during peaks, and 1/6 is a normal weekday-without big crowds. If you land at CdG air you could even try to do it via the SNCF machines ready in the luggage hall (from what I remember-if not just outside). And I even assume you have chosen 1st (all anxious USAers do for some reason)-thats hardly ever ´full

Plus hat just 3 days ago when I was in FR checked several things ona machine and it also showed pass-seats the next day for even 10€-the risk you take is you have to pay 20 instead if too late for quota. PLUS that on these machines you get a nice overveiw in 2 secs what trains run and what they charge.

And if there happens to be a footy match or godknowswhat_ there are also 2-hourly local TER trains via the old line-from Bercy and take 5 hrs.

Are you really so tied to this 1 train P->L? TGV trains run ev hour in 2 hrs-even a few more during peaks, and 1/6 is a normal weekday-without big crowds. If you land at CdG air you could even try to do it via the SNCF machines ready in the luggage hall (from what I remember-if not just outside). And I even assume you have chosen 1st (all anxious USAers do for some reason)-thats hardly ever ´full

Plus hat just 3 days ago when I was in FR checked several things ona machine and it also showed pass-seats the next day for even 10€-the risk you take is you have to pay 20 instead if too late for quota. PLUS that on these machines you get a nice overveiw in 2 secs what trains run and what they charge.

And if there happens to be a footy match or godknowswhat_ there are also 2-hourly local TER trains via the old line-from Bercy and take 5 hrs.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try in the sncf machines at the airport! I have second class so I was concerned about it being full, but yes, I did notice that the train runs every hour and am flexible in that respect. 

Lyon Part Dieu – Milano Centrale: June 2, 2022  10:38-17:40  This is not a direct train. You have to take a TER service to Geneva (Switzerland) and then take Eurocity 39 to Milano Centrale. The first train is not possible to buy a reservation. You have only to add the train on the railplanner app and activate the Eurail and you only have to hop on the train. 

From Geneva to Milan you need a reservation, you can buy it online via Austrian Railways tickets.oebb.at - one way ticket - 1x adult add discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass (11€ in 2nd class). 

Milan - Firenze the same via tickets.oebb.at - one way ticket - 1x adult add discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass (10€). 

Thank you so much! I was able to book those two tickets through the oebb website!