Solved

problems booking tickets

• 29 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I am trying to make a reservation for a train from Cannes to Barcelona-Sants and have been unable to make the reservation online since it is not domestic and I cannot get through to the international number. The route is July 14 12:01 Cannes to marseille st charles (TER17486). Then marseille st charles at 17:49 (TER76562) to Nimes pont du gard. Next, nimes pont du gard to Barcelona-Sants (TGV9715) (17:49-21:25). 

My issue is I cannot get the TGV9715 booked and I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix this issue? Online it says the first two trains do not require reservations so my understanding was that I could just use the QR code given in the app to board those two trains. 

I have tried the SNCB website for TGV9715 but since it is a domestic route it will not work and the number given is not working with my phone. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it as I don’t know what to do and most places I have tried to ask aren’t familiar with eurail and will only let me book for the full fare cost. 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 29 June 2023, 11:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is currently a problem with Nîmes Pont du Gard on eurail.com, you can't book seat reservations from there for an unknown reason…

It should be corrected soon but in the meantime your best bet is calling SNCF's international number (25€ seat reservation, no booking fee) : 

You may have to wait some time but there's no other option unless you happen to be in France right now.

There are only 4 seats left so do it ASAP. Alternative would be taking the coastal route via Portbou but it takes quite longer. Let us know.

Btw you could leave Cannes later at 14:01 but I can totally understand that you'd prefer a break in Marseille in case anything goes wrong.

I’ve tried calling them three times but have been unable to speak to anyone. Is there another way it can be booked? I am currently in Paris and tried going to a train station yesterday to speak to a SNCB ticket office but they would not give the eurail price.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ve tried calling them three times but have been unable to speak to anyone. Is there another way it can be booked? I am currently in Paris and tried going to a train station yesterday to speak to a SNCB ticket office but they would not give the eurail price.

Then please go back to a ticket office. If there are free seats, then they can also book pass holder seats. There are no pass holder quota anymore on this train and currently there are still 4 free seats in 2nd class (more in 1st).

What happened when you write "they would not give the Eurail price”? Was the train maybe fully booked at that point? Did they give a reason?

As to calling, what exactly happens? Is the call terminated, or are you just waiting for an agent to become available? Did you press #85 to get English?

The known ways to book are listed in the post linked above.