Solved

Problems with booking Eurostar to London

I’m facing problems to book the Eurostar from The Netherlands to London. 

interrail shows an availability. I click on it. Put it in the ‘shipping chart’ fill in all my personal details. But it the end: last click: I received the following message : Probeer een alternatieve verbinding te vinden. Het niet beschikbare reisdeel wordt uit je winkelwagentje verwijderd.

What’s going wrong?

Why does the website does not show available seats only?

I’m quite disappointed in my interrail card which seems to be useless to book a ticket to London. Tickets are available, but not for interrail-cards :(

icon

Best answer by MoonOpReis 28 July 2022, 19:22

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can book it (if seats are left for Pass users) also via B-Europe or NS International Ticket Office or Call Center. 

Via B-Europe and NS-international : same problem. The website of the NS gives the following error code : 20220728125149-500-error.BNDS.D-BOOKING.TODO_ERROR-5af9f32c-262b-48a8-811a-ab5afdad3e16

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please read what I wrote. Via NS International it is only possible at call center or ticket office. 

Via B-Europe online via the link. https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

I you don’t get any trains this means the train is full. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is a regular problem because E* only issue a limited number of seats reservable for Pass users and keep the rest back for paying passengers.

Pass users who check on availability on sites that allow both paying and pass users do show availability until we click for the appropriate pass, at which point we get the dreaded message of no availability for pass users.

Previous replies have suggested checking for earlier/later trains or even travelling via an alternative E* station e.g. Lille.

Alternatively the only alternatives are a paid E* journey at the normal price or, as I often do from the UK, travel out and back by a low cost airline from my local airline for not much more than 2 E* reservation costs (and well below 2 normal price E*). In Sept we fly to Nice, then Interrail to Prague (via Venice and Vienna)and fly back from Prague.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What day and time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@MoonOpReis 

What date and route are you looking at?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Yorkie: and not just there-off-season its mostly cheaper to fly AMS-BCN (without check luggages) as only the supplmt to pay on a pass for Par-Bcn.

@Angelo : also B-online was not working.

the big problem was not that no seats were available. 
the main problem was that the websites of B-online, interrail and NS International all showed a seat available on Saturday afternoon 30 July. So you click on the price, start make a booking, put the requested train ticket in the shipping cart and fill in yr personal details, phone nr etc. In the end, after filling in everything, when you click on making final payment you receive the message that the seat is no longer available. So something is wrong with the booking system

@AnnaB I managed to make a booking via NS International by phone  (after calling B-online, but they could not help me). So I’m happy I finally could make a booking 

@Yorkie: and not just there-off-season its mostly cheaper to fly AMS-BCN (without check luggages) as only the supplmt to pay on a pass for Par-Bcn.

Unfortunately it is not off-season now. Ticket prices are very high at moment. Furthermore, it’s a chaos at Schiphol Airport at the moment. They are continuously cancelling flights and many passengers arrive at a destination without luggage.  

What day and time?

I managed to make a booking via NS International by phone  (after calling B-online, but they could not help me). So I’m happy I finally could make a booking 

Please read what I wrote. Via NS International it is only possible at call center or ticket office. 

Via B-Europe online via the link. https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

I you don’t get any trains this means the train is full. 

Via B-online was also not working.
The problem was that the train was not full. I could put a seat in my shopping cart, fill in all the details. But when I wanted to pay in the end I got the message that the seat was no longer available (the seat I could put in my online shopping cart)