Solved

Question about reservations on german website

Hello, I wanted to know, how through the website of the German train company, the route will be linked to my pass (just with a reservation of seats)?

It won't. Reservations are completely separate, regardless of where and how you make them. This also means that you always have to add a journey to My Trip and then (shortly before boarding) to My Pass.

Thanks again, I got it! 

Hello, Its a question related to the precious post of seewulf :

thanks a lot for this precious post. Can I get a few more details about how to add a journey to ‘my trip’ ansd then ‘my pass’?

For example, I found a trip From amsterdam to Copenhagen via Deutsche Ban (night train) → see screen scan

BUT

This train doesn’t seem to be available anymore (at least seats reservations aren’t possible and thus it’s impossible for me to choose it!) on the interail website. → seen second screen scan, written in french but it says ‘no places available for reservations” in red.

Other solution? adding to my trip another train (without red writings) BUT the interail website says that all informations aren’t available to book the train … (grey writings) and  cannot add the trip to my cart… → See last screen scan

How can I do? Should I wait and pray until grey stuff diseapears? Should I book the seats on german website without adding the trip to my interail app?

Thanks a lot for your answer

It says :
Seating reservation not available
No rates are available at this time. Passholder seating may be sold out. See "More Information" for other reservation options, or purchase a full-fare ticket. You must reserve your seat for this trip.

It says : Details unavailable
At this time, no information is available on reservations.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 2 July 2022, 11:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, DB can not sell you reservations for trains with compulsory reservation online. For the IC to Copenhagen you can reserve directly via DSB.

Only in Summer have the IC Hamburg-Copenhagen a compulsory reservation. The IC from Flensburg not. 

RE trains have no possibility to reserve a seat. Just hop on the train. 

Hello Angelo,

Thanks but I am sorry, I don’t understand your answer, the abreviations espacially.

My question was also about how to be sure to have the train confirmation on my eurorail app. Can you help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

DB = Deutsche Bahn

DSB = Danish railways

IC = Intercity

RE = Regional Express like TER in France. 

Your Ticket is the pass on the app, you add the trip to your pass in the app and show than a QR Code. This is your ticket. The reservation is extra and is not integrated in the app. 

P.S. all other long distance trains in Germany like ICE (Intercity-Express, the German TGV) and IC (Intercity) have only optional reservation. You get get onboard without reservation, but if the train is full you have to stand or if it is to full leave the train. If you want for this trains a reservation search for Amsterdam-Hamburg (4,50€ seat only option on bahn.com), and buy extra the reservation for Hamburg-Copenhagen via DSB (click on the link - you get to the website where to reserve a seat for Hamburg-Copenhagen)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

AND as DE at the mo has an extremely very cheap deal for regional trains: these are grossly overcrowded-as you may have seen from Japan on TV.

The Train to use from AMS is rerouted this summer due to trackworks=means other change over point ad accept that about ALL IC/ICE trains in DE are grossly delayed-often even 2 hrs or more.

The overnite Hamb-Koph is also very populair with passholders and quite short-it is advised to RES asap.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello Angelo,

Thanks but I am sorry, I don’t understand your answer, the abreviations espacially.

My question was also about how to be sure to have the train confirmation on my eurorail app. Can you help?

You have to add the Trains on your own in the App :) The app is just your pass & traveldiary :) Both together is your valid ticket. Reservations are complete seperate process and yes the thrain from Hamburg to Copenhagen is in summer reservation compulsory and can be reserved via the link provided above.

The App is only good for the pass itself and the traveldiary. Planning and booking reservations i usually do with different apps :)

Thanks a lot for all your answer, I am going to reserve trains via the website you’ve provided to me! What a chance to have this community not to get completely lost :)

Hey,

Do you know if my 2nd class youth interrail allow me to book 1st class seats? I may have done a mistake while booking from Hamburg to Copenhagen. As the prices were the same I purchase a first class seat….

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey,

Do you know if my 2nd class youth interrail allow me to book 1st class seats? I may have done a mistake while booking from Hamburg to Copenhagen. As the prices were the same I purchase a first class seat….

@Joh Mnt 

No, you are not allowed to travel in 1st class with a 2nd class pass.