Question without reservations: Barcelona - Toulouse - Lyon - Annecy

• 11 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 15 replies

Hi everyone! I will travel in August:

• Barcelona to Toulouse: I wanted to do Barcelona - La Tour de Carol with line R3 of Rodalies de Catalunya (Renfe) and then La tour de Carol - Toulouse with TER (SNCF).
  • On another date I want to take a TER Lyon - Annecy.

For the Rodalies de Catalunya R3 train, do I just walk in the train and show my pass to the ticket inspector? Is there anything I should be aware of? I know how Spanish stations work (I am from Barcelona) but I don’t know what I’ll need inside of the train.

For the TER, same question: do I just get in and show the pass? I read somewhere that last year TER trains in south-east were taken out of interrail but shortly after the pass was accepted again so I guess it should be okay.

All the information you can provide will be highly appreciated! Thanks everyone for your help 😊

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 11 June 2023, 22:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In Barcelona, you'll need to get past the Rodalies gates. Some of them have a barcode scanner and if they work, then they should recognise the QR code of the mobile pass. They don't always work though (last week we saw several times "Server doesn't respond” or something similar) and in that case look for staff to open the gate for you. In the train, you only need the QR code, like for every train, also in the TER.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Perfect thank you very much! I am new to Interrail, how does the QR code work? I guess it is generated through the Interrail Planner App, am I right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Perfect thank you very much! I am new to Interrail, how does the QR code work? I guess it is generated through the Interrail Planner App, am I right?

Yes it is, have a look here, under "Getting ready to board the train”:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s super helpful thanks @rvdborgt and have a nice start into the week.