Solved

Refund for a cancelled train

• 26 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Thalys has sent me an email this morning saying that my train from Bruxelles to Paris has been cancelled due to rolling stock problems. The company website says that all trains from Bruxelles to Paris are cancelled from 01/08 to 07/08, so I can’t rebook a train on the same day and I have to ask for a refund. Thalys says that I have to contact my initial point of sale, that is Eurail.com. How can I obtain a refund?

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 2 September 2022, 21:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are you sure Eurail.com? If you are from Italy that it is Interrail.eu. 

You can get in touch with them via customer service:

Submit a request – Eurail Knowledge Base

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

ALT: only 2/day via the classic route that all fast trains took till this Thalys came: via MOns-Maubeuge. It is even also sometimes possible via Charleroi-Maubeuge, but very bad connections

Better: hourly train via Doornik to LIlle in FR-and hourly TGV fom there-MUST be REServed-used to be very easy in past for this line, but as I am aware of the faults on Tls I´ve also read there is now a run on these other trains-so jack do hurry-jack be quick

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Lucia Coata 

Whenever your train gets cancelled and you booked a reservation through the reservations portal from Eurail/Interrail, please get in contact with customer service with the following information:

1. Confirmation of the cancelled train by the railway company.
  2. Reservation order number starting with R and followed by 10 digits. 

After this, one of our agents will request the refund to the railway company. This process could take a few weeks, especially during the peak period.

I wish you a wonderful day!