RENFE booking - train apparently full?

• 18 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello

Yes, I’m aware of all the RENFE tips and advice and I have found away to make my interrail reservations.

I have been waiting for the last journey I need to reserve to come online and have been checking the RENFE site every day. It just became available today (travel in mid/late October) but says that the train is full already. Does anyone know if this might be a system gltch (ie it might clear up and reservations become available) when things are first put online?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello

Yes, I’m aware of all the RENFE tips and advice and I have found away to make my interrail reservations.

If you have found a way to make passholder reservations for RENFE that is not known about then please provide details, it would help many others.

Hi there - I just get the guy recommended by Man in Seat 61 to make the bookings (for a small fee). Really easy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Apparently requires a booking fee of £12.50 plus reservation fee. (normally £19.50) specially  for IR  users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seems to be a small office-or maybe even a knowledgeable individual with some contacts (like that Italiarail-a 1 or 2 person office near BOS/Mass with a connection to that TrenIt system) in GB with limited opening hours. THis means it at least doubles the total to pay and if it is open to non-islanders out of  GB is unclear.

Seems to be a small office-or maybe even a knowledgeable individual with some contacts (like that Italiarail-a 1 or 2 person office near BOS/Mass with a connection to that TrenIt system) in GB with limited opening hours. THis means it at least doubles the total to pay and if it is open to non-islanders out of  GB is unclear.

It’s one booking fee per booking (ie ALL of the reservations for our two person multi journey interrail trip in Spain). I suppose I could have called DB and waited on hold for a looooooong time on an international number but this worked for me really well. Also - perhaos less of an issue for me as I already feel we got a great bargain with the 50% off interrail tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem from me but it is worth letting all members know the full picture.