Solved

Reservation EuroNight Maribor- Split. Difference in prices. How to book?

Hi everyone. 

Can anyone who has traveled by night train explain to me how to book online?

I want to book for the night train Maribor - Split but I can’t. By the way, the price that is on the interrail website (https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/night-trains/en-lisinski 34€) is very different from the price they give when I try to simulate a reservation on ÖBB website (74€).

Thank you

icon

Best answer by seewulf 8 July 2022, 19:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That is because that web page doesn't mention the reservation prices for this train. They are indeed quite high, higher than the standard prices mentioned.

Edit: the bottom line of the reservation fees probably means that reservations for this train are €40 more expensive than for the other trains, but it's not really made clear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi everyone. 

Can anyone who has traveled by night train explain to me how to book online?

I want to book for the night train Maribor - Split but I can’t. By the way, the price that is on the interrail website (https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/night-trains/en-lisinski 34€) is very different from the price they give when I try to simulate a reservation on ÖBB website (74€).

Thank you

This train have a special tarif and because of that is more expensive :/ You may use the domestic Nighttrain from Zagreb to Split (reservation only possible when in Croatia :/ ) or you catch the Budapest - Split Nighttrain (this can be reserved online at the website of Hungarian Rail)

Does anyone know if it is possible to book a reservation on the night train to Split (EN 1253 - which originates in Bratislava) on 14th May from any of: Maribor, Celije or Sevnica? Or if not, from Zagreb?

If this is not possible, is this because:

• They’re sold out?
  • They’re not on sale yet?
  • I have to book through a 3rd party?
  • You can only reserve night trains from certain stations?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if it is possible to book a reservation on the night train to Split (EN 1253 - which originates in Bratislava) on 14th May from any of: Maribor, Celije or Sevnica? Or if not, from Zagreb?

• They’re sold out?

Thanks!

It is possible from all stations first mentioned on the 14th of May (but not from Zagreb).

All categories are available at the moment, too.

• They’re sold out?

Thanks!

It is possible from all stations mentioned on the 14th of May (but not from Zagreb).

Thanks Hektor - just realised it has to be booked through OBB website. Thanks for quick response.

• They’re sold out?

Thanks!

It is possible from all stations mentioned on the 14th of May (but not from Zagreb).

Thanks Hektor - just realised it has to be booked through OBB website. Thanks for quick response.

ÖBB is indeed the way to book this train.