Solved

Reservation for overnight train Zurich to Budapest or Prague

• 25 March 2023
  • 5 replies

• Rail rookie
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m wanting to reserve a seat on the overnight train on 10th April 2023 from Zurich to either Prague or Budapest. 

on the Eurail website it says there are no reservations available to Prague on either of the direct overnight trains. I can reserve the overnight train to Budapest however it won’t allow me to purchase as it’s a paper/post ticket and the website says it won’t arrive in time. 

I can see on the OBB website that there are tickets available to Budapest, however no reservations available. It also seems the Czech train website is down at the moment. Is there another way I can make a reservation? Stressed about missing out on a seat!! 

thank you!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 25 March 2023, 23:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do you really want a seat ? Simply put, you won't sleep much. I'd gladly pay a few € more for a couchette.

cd.cz is down in many countries maybe due to the threat of a cyberattack

After a quick search, I don't think that there any seats left to Budapest. However you could book one to Vienns and then take a Railjet the next day

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

On OBB site, add interrail as discount and select “One way tickets” not “seat reservation”

Seats and couchette are available on 10 Apr to Budapest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I stand corrected : there are indeed 2 couchettes left for the night train to Budapest at 49€ per person.

They somehow didn't appear on nightjet.com...

Thank you :)

so by booking this way I still need to use a day of travel and generate ticket through Eurail app - but it’s a reduced price to buying a full ticket? Is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes it'll use 10th April as a travel day. 49€ is indeed a reduced price, I can't find the regular price though but it should be around 100€