Solved

reservation issue for Geneva to Paris

• 19 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi All

I have a 10 day in 2 month 1st class Eurail pass and I’m trying to book two reservations from Geneva to Paris on 2 Jan 2023 departing Geneva at 12:29 arriving Paris 15:45.  When I try to book the reservation on the Eurail reservation web site the first issue is it only give me an option to book 2nd class (rather than first class), and then when choose to select 2nd class i get an error message:

“One of the legs of your journey is not available anymore. Please try searching for another connection” and also “ Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later or find another connection. This connection will be removed from your cart.”

Is there a better website to book this reservation on or is there an issue with this particular train?

Thanks for helping!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 November 2022, 07:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The only place where you book this reservation online is via Eurail. Price in 1st class is an insulting €57 + €2 booking fee. Unfortunately, it looks like there's a problem to book 1st class in this direction. That means that you can either book 2nd class or book 1st class another way, see this post:

Badge +5

There are other slower but cheaper options. Local train to Lyon ( no reservations or 1st class) then a TGV every hour or so to Paris 10 or 20 euros depending on date/time reservation compulsory). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OR check first what the 1st stop of that train is IN FRance-often Bellegarde, so 10/20€ and get there before on the frequent local trains. But it may also be -this will be a very busy travelday-that people in the know have snapped up many seats-but that is as such not very likely for 1st cl.
there is always probs with GNV-as the FR think it an outpost for tariff for SNCF, but he app etc of course put it in Swiss.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OR check first what the 1st stop of that train is IN FRance-often Bellegarde, so 10/20€ and get there before on the frequent local trains.

No seats available from Bellegarde on this specific train. Please check yourself before writing that.