Solved

Reservation ItaliaRail - passholder number

• 23 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Hey everyone

I tried to book a reservation on italiarail.com but I cant figure out which number is the “passholder number” that is requested… I’ve got a paper pass and already tried the cover number and booking number, but everything is “Invalid”.

Has someone got a solution for this problem?

Cheers

Kati

icon

Best answer by Nanja 27 June 2021, 13:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey everyone

I tried to book a reservation on italiarail.com but I cant figure out which number is the “passholder number” that is requested… I’ve got a paper pass and already tried the cover number and booking number, but everything is “Invalid”.

Has someone got a solution for this problem?

The pass cover number is a capital letter “i” followed by 8 digits. If they don't accept it, then please complain to them that they need to update their list with existing pass cover numbers. If enough people complain, maybe they'll see it as a problem and fix it. Other than that, try using an older pass cover number...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, the Pass Cover Number (the code printed on the foldable green sheet attached to the Pass) should be the one to work here. If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Customer Support team via customerservice@eurail.com , providing them with a picture of your the Pass cover number you have entered. They will be able to assist you further.

Dear Kati,

i’m having the same problem. Have you found a solution ?

Best

Eloïse

For anyone else stuck, entering “I11111111” worked for me.

Badge

How safe is this for having a mobile pass? Will they not try and cross reference the pass? Trying to book 2 seats for Naples → Florence and running into this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How safe is this for having a mobile pass? Will they not try and cross reference the pass? Trying to book 2 seats for Naples → Florence and running into this issue.

Pass cover numbers can be generated now on the Interrail website if you have a mobile pass but AFAIK they won't match anything you can see in the mobile pass data.

If you're booking a day train, then use tickets.oebb.at. It doesn't need so many data and doesn't have a booking fee. Add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then choose "One-way tickets” (NOT "Seat reservation only”).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

No cross-referencing.

To book Italian day trains use https://shop.oebbtickets.at add interrail as discount and search for tickets NOT seat only.

I’m really grateful for ÖBB’s booking service. For Italy, the Interrail reservation system doesn’t even show most of the relations that trenitalia.com offers, but shop.oebbtickets.at worked great.

Thanks to all the people in this forum for making Interrail actually usable!