Solved

Reservation not availabel Thalys & TGV

We are trying to make a reservation for the train from 

BRUXELLES-MIDI (Belgium) to PARIS NORD (France) THA 9340 - THALYS

and 

PARIS MONTPARNASSE 1 ET 2 (France) to BORDEAUX ST JEAN (France) TGV 8590 - TGV INOUI

in both trains is a reservation needed

but both trains give the option not available

How come? What can we do te make a reservation? 

icon

Best answer by Nanja 14 July 2021, 14:22

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

First reservation Brussels - Paris can be done on the page of B- Europe a 4€ booking fee applies on top. 30€ per seat Reservation 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

First reservation Brussels - Paris can be done on the page of B- Europe a 4€ booking fee applies on top. 30€ per seat Reservation 

Is there a way to avoid those booking fees?

Find it outrageous that they charge booking fees, everything is done online!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Het is goedkoper om het via Interrail te boeken, ze rekenen 2 euro kosten aan.

I have a similiar issue, I cannot make a reservation for this train:

PARIS MONTPARNASSE 1 ET 2 (France) to BORDEAUX ST JEAN (France) TGV 8235 - TGV INOUI

Does this mean there are no seats available? Or do I have to make the reservation somewhere else? Where can I do that (without travelling to France)? Is that possible in a german train station?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

PARIS MONTPARNASSE 1 ET 2 (France) to BORDEAUX ST JEAN (France) TGV 8235 - TGV INOUI

Does this mean there are no seats available? Or do I have to make the reservation somewhere else? Where can I do that (without travelling to France)? Is that possible in a german train station?

Have you tried it through the interrail website? Through the reservation service?

Have you tried it through the interrail website? Through the reservation service?

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

SNCF (French rail) block since Jan. 2020 their domestic services against bookings from foreign countries 😕 Only options actual are Reservation services like Interrails own or SNCF´s own called Raileurope both charge a “service” bookingfee or you call SNCF but the automatic payment process is in french :/

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@seewulf , I'm waiting for a response from you. Thank you 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Yes

So what doesn't work?

Yes

So what doesn't work?

I cannot book the reservation. Sometimes it shows an exclamation mark and sometimes the train does not show up at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@seewulf , I'm waiting for a response from you. Thank you 😊

You can avoid them if you book them at a ticket office :) as they usually didnt charge a booking / service fee. another option would be to use reservation free trains :)

Even if everything is done online there is still a back office that have to manage reservations across europe. And companies like Renfe,SNCF,Trenitalia makes it more and more complicated :/ as they block domestic trains for foreign reservations or vanish the option in the standard bookig tools

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

and 

PARIS MONTPARNASSE 1 ET 2 (France) to BORDEAUX ST JEAN (France) TGV 8590 - TGV INOUI

Hi Patrick, do I understand it correctly that you are trying to make a reservation for more than 1 traveler. If that is the case, it is indeed showing '’not available'’ due to an issue on our side. Your topic has therefore been redirected to Customer Service. They will come back to you via email to assist you further. 

@leiropi if you also tried to book for more than 1 traveler and it showed '’not available'’ do let me know in the comments, so that I can redirect it to Customer Support as well. 

@Nanja Bonjour, j’ai le même problème pour réserver mon train de PARIS EST vers COPENHAGUE. 

J’ai essayé de réserver pour 3 voyageurs et à chaque fois c’était marqué “non disponible” j’ai ensuite essayé de réserver seulement pour moi mais j’avais un point d’exclamation à côté de certains trains.

Merci pour vos réponses 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nanja Bonjour, j’ai le même problème pour réserver mon train de PARIS EST vers COPENHAGUE. 

J’ai essayé de réserver pour 3 voyageurs et à chaque fois c’était marqué “non disponible” j’ai ensuite essayé de réserver seulement pour moi mais j’avais un point d’exclamation à côté de certains trains.

Merci pour vos réponses 

@Raphaëlle. R 

Which Route are you trying to reserve?

Paris - Frankfurt - Hamburg - Copenhagen ?
Paris - Cologne - Hamburg - Copenhagen?

I was trying to book Paris - Karlsruhe Hbf  - Hamburg - Copenhagen

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I was trying to book Paris - Karlsruhe Hbf  - Hamburg - Copenhagen

the legs
Karlsruhe - Hamburg (Reservation quest on bahn.de in french ) 4€ per person in 2nd Class :)
Hamburg - Copenhagen Danish website of travel b europe :)
can be done online on the pages of the Operators :) (advantage you save the 2€ booking fee per train ;) )

The leg Paris - Karlsruhe can be reserved at a SNCF Ticket office :)

Interrail have current few problems with their reservation system :/

and 

Hi Patrick, do I understand it correctly that you are trying to make a reservation for more than 1 traveler. If that is the case, it is indeed showing '’not available'’ due to an issue on our side. Your topic has therefore been redirected to Customer Service. They will come back to you via email to assist you further. 

@leiropi if you also tried to book for more than 1 traveler and it showed '’not available'’ do let me know in the comments, so that I can redirect it to Customer Support as well. 

Hello,
we have a similar problem. We are two people and want to reservate the following connections:
Frankfurt - Paris
Paris -  Cassis
Cassis - Karlstadt

Did the Costumer Service solve the problem yet? If yes, how can we do the reservation? If not, is there a another possibility to reservate the trains in advance from Germany?

Thanks for an answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

we have a similar problem. We are two people and want to reservate the following connections:
Frankfurt - Paris
Paris -  Cassis
Cassis - Karlstadt

Frankfurt - Paris: DB ticket office, or call DB at 030 2970 and collect your reservation at a DB ticket machine.

Paris - Cassis: for the TGV reservation, call SNCF.

Cassis - Karlstadt: for TGVs in France, call SNCF and TGV/ICE Paris to Germany, DB ticket office or phone service (see above).

You'll save 2 EUR per seat compared to booking via Interrail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Raphaëlle. R and @AnnikaF, we currently have an issue on our side as it shows '’not available'’ when you are making a reservation for more than 1 traveller. We have a temporary workaround, which is explained here, which will enable you to proceed. 

You can also make use of one of the alternative ways of booking suggested by other members in this thread. 

Cheers :relaxed:

Dear @Nanja two friends of mine and I are facing the same problem when it comes to our reservations. I read through the link that you provided for the temporary workaround carefully (https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/technical-difficulties-mobile-passes) but I do not quite understand what the workaround actually is. 
What are the actual steps we have to take in order to make seat reservations for 3 passengers right now?
Cheers, 
Max

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Max, 

In your account you can go to '’trips& travellers'’ to add your friends. You'll have to fill out all information of all travellers. You will be asked for a Pass Cover number (in case you have a digital Pass, you do not have one). You can request one here, by clicking on the green button '’request a Pass Cover number'’. This number can be used for all travellers.

Once all information is completed including the Pass Cover number in the '’trips& travellers'’ section, you can go ahead and make your reservations in the same way you've tried to do already. 

I trust this clarifies it. Cheers,