Solved

Reservation not possible (Avignon-Barcelona-Paris)

• 23 June 2022
  • 5 replies

I bought global mobile pass.

And I know ‘avignon-Barcelona’ and ‘Barcelona-Paris’ need seat reservation, but the seat reservation tickets only deliver by post and I can’t receive the tickets.

So i wondered if I go to the station to book those sections in person in mid-August, will there be enough seats? (Both ‘Avignon-Barcelona’ and ‘Barcelona-Paris’)

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 24 June 2022, 09:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NO-these direct trains have very small quota for passholders and as it seems each&anyone + his granny wants to use exactly those-they get all taken early in main hi-season. There are of course various other ways to avoid it all-use local trains-as all those young Japanese with their printed guidebooks know-but this knowledge seems to have gone down the drain since its all on www. I see its not konnichi-wah for you, so forgive in not knowing the terms- like arirang sa maseuh?.

IF you insist on taking it that way- CALL SNCF /en/ and let them arrange it.

OR set app to trains without REServ-there are hourly local FRench TER trains from Av along coast-toward Narbonne-maybe change-or not-to Port BOu=1st stop over border in ESpana-then change to broad gauge RENFE rodalies train along coast to Bcn.

FROM Bcn to P-the cheap way is to use the overnite train from again just over border-other way= Cerbëre to Paris, and again this is reached by same rodalies local train. Saves night in hostel too. THese nighttrains have seats and couchette=lie down bunks (21,50 extra to pay-the direct TGV daytime cost some 35€ extra)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can call SNCF and make the reservation if you have an AmEx credit card. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

You can call SNCF and make the reservation if you have an AmEx credit card. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

I called this number then I was immediatly told: 

Information is exceptionally closed, thank you for renewing your call. Good bye and see you soon.

Having the same issue myself. 

Looking to book a reservation for 23rd October Avignon to Madrid. It is available online, but system crashes when I go to pay. 

Ty calling the SNCF help number and it puts the phone down as i reach the english language part: 
Information is exceptionally closed, thank you for renewing your call. Good bye and see you soon.

Not had a great experience on interrail so far, hope it changes quick. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You don't want to order this reservation online since Interrail can apparently only issue it on paper and you get to pay and wait extra for the privilege.

I'd suggest to try calling SNCF again later today or tomorrow. Many people could successfully book that way.