Solved

Reservations for group - France to Switzerland

• 7 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi! My name is Aimee. I am traveling with a group of 14 people. We want to go from Paris to Interlaken, Switzerland on June 30th and we have the global passes. We have to be in Interlaken by 1530 at the latest. Eurail.com says I can only do 9 reservations at once, and some of the trains will only take 5 reservations. My questions are:

1. For the trains that only do 5 or 9 reservations at a time, does that mean that there are only 5 (or 9) spots available for pass holders? 
  2. Do I have to pay for 1 set of 5 (or 9) people, then go back for the next set? When I try to switch to the 2nd group of travelers, the site says the train is already in my cart. 
  3. Is there a way to find out if one of the trains has 14 spots? I don’t want to book half my group on one train & half on another train. 

Thank you!

Aimee

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 04:26

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF (French railways) can only do 5 reservations at a time online.

You didn't say which trains you wanted to use but there will be at least one from Paris and you'd better call SNCF to book. Press #85 for English, no booking fees (that really adds up for multiple people via Eurail) and reservations are sent via e-mail.

Reservations for domestic trains in Switzerland and not necessary.