Solved

Seat reservation and journey added to the pass differ but can't change.

• 6 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello! 
I begin interrailing next week and my first leg is from Zurich- Vienna, departing at 21:40. However, I made a mistake when booking the seat reservations. I booked the seat reservations for the NightJet train that arrives in Vienna at 7:58am. The train that is on my pass is a different train that also leaves Zurich at 21:40 but arrives in Vienna at 6:40am!!

I am unable to add the Nightjet train to my pass and I am now unable to buy a reservation for the train that arrives earlier. Will I be able to board the nightjet train just using my Seat Reservation ticket or will I also need my Global Pass?

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 6 August 2022, 12:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The train gets split up in Salzburg. You can move in Salzburg to the Eurocity part which is reservation free and arrives at 6.40 in Vienna.

of course you Need your global pass. Reservation only is not enough 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you haven’t travelled yet, you can still change your planned itinerary on your pass. No worries. If your train doesn’t show up in the Rail Planner app, you can always add a train manually. It happens sometimes, the app is not often updated. And sometimes the train does weird things, like MartinM said.

Just stick to your reservation, since there’s not much going on in Vienna that early, and I guess you don’t want to wake up at 3:30 in the morning in Salzburg. Just add your train manually and you’re good to go. (You need the departure and arrival time, and the right train number).

If you haven’t travelled yet, you can still change your planned itinerary on your pass. No worries. If your train doesn’t show up in the Rail Planner app, you can always add a train manually. It happens sometimes, the app is not often updated. And sometimes the train does weird things, like MartinM said.

Just stick to your reservation, since there’s not much going on in Vienna that early, and I guess you don’t want to wake up at 3:30 in the morning in Salzburg. Just add your train manually and you’re good to go. (You need the departure and arrival time, and the right train number).

Thank you BrendanDB! The mobile app is not allowing me add a train manually, how would I do this? Should I do it on a PC?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you go to the tab “Planner” in your app, fill in your From and To destination and then scroll down. Then it states “Cant find your journey, Add it manually to your pass”.

Click on it, fill in all the details, et voilà! Done :D

Thank you! I have that sorted now, panic over