Solved

Seat Reservation Arriving After Leaving

• 25 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi there,

My friend and I have reserved a seat for Paris to Barcelona for the 10th of July, but our paper reservations have not yet arrived. We are concerned they won’t arrived before 30th of June when we leave. 

In this case, could you help us understand our best options? We are wondering if it is possible to have them printed at the station since we have already purchased them, or, if we can get them scanned by someone in Australia once they arrive and we print them in Paris while there.

It’s a tricky situation - thank you for your help in advance!

Dave

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 June 2022, 10:22

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When did you order the reservations? What was the promised delivery date when you made the reservation?

Hi Anna,

We confirmed reservations on June 8th, and on June 16th received an email saying they were on the way. The email says they will arrive on or before 8th of July in Australia. The tracking for PostNL says expected June 23 - June 29th, although it has the message “Shipment expected, but not yet arrived at PostNL”. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok.

@seewulf @rvdborgt Any ideas how to proceed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is not possible to have it reprinted at a station. Having a scan is not an option either.

If it doesn't arrive in time, the only real option is to buy a new reservation. Eurail will have to reimburse the extra costs, since they are responsible for the delivery. This also applies if there are no more pass holder seats available.

Thanks rvdborgt, I appreciate your help!

This also applies if there are no more pass holder seats available.

By this, do you mean that Eurail will reimburse the cost of the reservation & also help pay for a normal ticket if there are no more pass holder seats available?

Also, looking at the link you sent, will we need to call the french railway (sncf) to get a seat reservation (for a global pass) by email?

Hi @rvdborgt , sorry to ping you but I just wanted to clarify, will Eurail reimburse the extra costs of buying a full price ticket if there are no seat tickets left?

For example, if it costs 400 Euro to buy a 2 new train tickets through SNCF, will they pay me this money also?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In my opinion they will have to, since they are responsible for delivery. But I have no experience there.

Another option is to book a TGV to Perpignan  and then travel via Portbou. But I see the morning TGVs to Perpignan are already full on 10 July.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would say that the main issue is what delivery date that Eurail gave when you ordered the reservation. It is your responsibility to make sure that you don't order paper reservations that will arrive after that you have left your home.

If Eurail promised a delivery before your departure date from your home country, then you could get reimbursement. Otherwise, no.

Have you contacted Customer Support through this form?

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Please indicate that you will be travelling within 2 days as you will be leaving you home country very soon.

That makes sense, thanks for your help Anna.

It was difficult to ascertain the delivery of the ticket as we booked on June 6th and recevied a delivery date more than a week after, however, we can discuss that with Eurail if need be.

I’ve just used the link you posted and indicated the short travel time, thanks again. I am hoping they can divert the tickets to Paris instead… wish me luck!

Thanks,

David