Solved

Seat reservation price for train originating in France

• 21 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello and good day to you.  I am looking to see the cost of reserving a Train originating in Paris, going to Garmisch/Partenkirchen. on the Eurail seat reservation it states from $104.5.  Is that the price per passenger or is it for all 5 of us traveling.  Please let me know, thank you.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 21 March 2023, 09:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is the price of 5 seat reservations on the cross-border ICE/TGV train. The other trains have optional reservations

You could save half the price by taking a TGV to Strasboug (5×10€), then a regional train to Offenburg and ICEs to Munich (+ regional train to Garmisch). It would take between 30 min and an hour longer. Let me know if you need advice for that itinerary. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The price depends on for how many people you did your search but it's probably 5 people judging by the price.

It's always best to give details of your timetable. There's no direct train from Paris to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, so the exact connection details can make a difference.

Hello and good day again.  When i did my search it was with 5 people.  It should be noted that i have a eurail pass so i just need to make seat reservation.  I was not sure if the $104.5 is for all 5 of us or per passenger. If it was per passenger i was going to see the cost of flying.

We are going to Garmisch-Partenkirchen because we are going to stay at the resort Edelweiss.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The price of a TGV from France to Germany is €17 per person, Eurail charge a booking fee of €2 per person and train, so that's a total of €95, which they then convert into USD, so that could be correct if this is a reservation for e.g. the Paris-Munich direct TGV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you go to the checkout it will be obvious straight away - if it shows 5 reservations and $104.50 then OK. If it asks for over $520 it is for a full price ticket for 5.