Solved

Seat reservation Greece

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

My name is Lucie, I am passionate about travelling and I am going to Grece by train with an interail pass. I will take a ferry to Patras that arrive on the 15 of June, from which I would like to go to Kalavryta as the road look amazing. I saw we can book the ticket from Diakopto to Kalavryta but I don't see where we can make only the seat reservation. I just see 'Eurail" in the reduction but it is only 3 euro less than the full price (and more expensive than a youth ticket) so I guess it should not be that as it is quite expensive for an interail pass. Does anyone know more about it?

Later on the afternoon, I would like to take a train from Diakopto to Athens. I saw there is one (with one correspondence) at 20H20. I guess it is there eventhough it is not on the interail app? On the website, I saw we can not make seat reservation, is my interail pass therefore enough to get in the train? 

Thank you in advance for your attention to my question, 

Lucie 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 June 2023, 00:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Greek trains (and also some other countries) are often missing from the rail planner app but your pass is still valid.

Reservations for Greek trains can only be made at a Greek ticket office and are free of charge.

The trains Diakopto-Kiato and Kiato-Athens are suburban trains and don't have reservations. Just add the trains in your app (manually if they don't appear before you travel) and find a seat.

Thank you for your reply!

And do you know if the train from Diakopto to Kalavryta would also be free or charge or not because it is more like a touristic train?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And do you know if the train from Diakopto to Kalavryta would also be free or charge or not because it is more like a touristic train?

That is possible of course. But the reservation cannot be done online as far as I know. Where did you see "Eurail” as a discount for booking reservations online?