Solved

Seat reservation Issue GENOVA P.ZA PRINCIPE (ITALY) to VENTIMIGLIA (ITALY)

• 17 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi, we are having some issues with seat reservations for our journey from GENOVA P.ZA PRINCIPE (ITALY) to VENTIMIGLIA (ITALY) on 12/06 - we are wanting to reserve seats as this is one of our bigger journeys (to Marseille St Charles). The page says ‘Prices temporarily unavailable, Check back in a few hours to see prices and book this seat reservation.’ on the journey we want to book. Can anyone help with this?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 April 2022, 22:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Could you please specify which trains you'd like to book exactly (origin, destination, departure time per train)?

This is the first part of the journey

this is the second part of the screenshot

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Genova - Ventimiglia: wait a few days until this train appears in the ÖBB system, where you can book it for 3€ per seat (using these steps) instead of 5€ per seat via Interrail. There's no rush since these seats are not quota-controlled.

Nice - Marseille: there are seats available for 20€ each via Belgian railways. The Interrail website still has a problem with these 20€ seats and can't show them. You'll need a pass cover number; if you have a mobile pass, request a pass cover number here. There's also a reservation-free train Nice 16:20 - Marseille 19:03.

thank you for this info! there is an earlier train here as well which is more suitable for us but only has this message - do you know if this will change closer to the time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'd wait a bit. The 8:58 train should run (and reservations should be 10€ via ÖBB, same procedure as above). I see it on Trenitalia's website one week earlier but not yet on 12 June; I think it's not open for booking yet. 12 June is also the first day of Trenitalia's summer timetable. They've just published it on their own website and it doesn't look complete yet. It also hasn't arrived yet at many other websites so just wait for a bit. There's no rush.