Solved

Seat reservations for multiple people

Can I reserve seats together for travelers who have both eurail and interrail mobile passes?

Scenario:

I am having issues when entering the pass cover number for the interrail traveler on traveler details (I am using order number which does not work).

How do I obtain the pass cover number for the interrail mobile pass? 

I have seen several posts with this same issue but no good answer !

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Nanja 1 July 2021, 15:45

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How do I obtain the pass cover number for the interrail mobile pass?

You have to request that from customer service.

But if you say which trains you'd like to book, people can suggest alternative websites or ways to do that. You don't have to use the Interrail website or app. I avoid that because they charge extra fees on top of the reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, yes you can! As long as the travelers with the Eurail and Interrail passes have an account on our websites, travel companions can be added to someone's profile via the '’add traveler'’ option. ​It is correct that it does not work to enter your order number. You will need to obtain the pass cover number from customer support. You can contact them via customerservice@eurail.com or any of the other contact options listed here. Cheers:relaxed:

I appreciate your response; however, the process of making seat reservations via interail and eurail has been extremely frustrating and we still do not have our seat reservations !! 

As the pass cover number is required for adding travelers and making reservations, it should be provided in the confirmation email when ordering interrail and eurail passes.

Here is our scenario :

My husband and I have separate mobile eurail global passes and our daughter has a mobile interrail global pass. 

In my experience, for eurail passes, the pass cover number is the order number provided in the confirmation email; however, for interrail passes, the pass cover number must be obtained from customer service. my daughter emailed interrail customer service requesting her pass cover number, but has not received a response. The canned response that read something like “we will try to get back to you in four days...” is not acceptable; especially when you don’t have four days to make a seat reservation.  

As I could not successfully add our daughter as a traveler to make a group reservation, I attempted to make 2 seat reservations for me and my husband (using my eurail account on the eurail website). I went through the entire process of duplicating a trip, adding my husband as a traveler, finding and selecting the route, adding 2 seat reservations to my cart, PAYING for the seat reservations - including a booking fee charged by eurail - and WE STILL DO NOT HAVE ANY SEAT RESERVATIONS!! I immediately received an email from customer service indicating my order was successful and my e-tickets were attached. The only attachment to the email was the PAID invoice - NO e-tickets !! I replied to the email from customer service and got the same canned response. I continue to log into my eurail account to view my reservations, but nothing is there except for the order number. Similarly, my daughter went through the process of making a seat reservation for herself (using her interrail account on the interrail website) and the outcome is exactly the same, i.e. an email from customer service indicating her order was successful and her e-tickets were attached. The only attachment to her email was her PAID invoice - NO e-ticket !

We need a direct contact phone number (not an automated email response) to help resolve these issues. Can you please provide assistance in this matter.

Thank you for your help... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Rochelle Rice 

The MobilePass offer is new as it started in 2020 where traveling was most of the time not possible. Eurail learns from the mistakes and they work on it step by step.

@rvdborgt  already asked for the Route you are trying to reserve. As rvdborgt and I have a bit experience we maybe can help with finding other ways to sort your Reservations. Many Railcompanies offer the reservations on their own websites no need to reserve the Reservation Service of Eurail/Interrail :)

Thanks for your offer of help. In this case, I have already made and paid for my seat reservations using eurail and interrail. My issue is I have not received my e-tickets.  How do I get my e-tickets ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you have not been able to get in touch with Customer Service as fast as you've wanted. Currently we are dealing with an unexpected number of requests, as it has been somewhat different 1,5 year then we are used to. We are striving to reply to your requests as soon as possible. 
It is true that Pass Cover numbers are currently necessary for mPasses, but we are working on that. 
In case you will need to buy more reservation tickets, you can use the same Pass Cover number for all travelers. 
Our Customer Support reached out to you, just now, to provide you with your e-ticket. If you have any further questions regarding this topic, you can reply to them. 

Cheers,

Thank you ! Thank you !

good morning,

A friend and I are trying to make 2 seat reservations at once. She bought both tickets so they are both on her account. We can only select one passenger at a time though. 

do I need to duplicate the trip? How do I do this? 

Thank you in advance :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A friend and I are trying to make 2 seat reservations at once. She bought both tickets so they are both on her account. We can only select one passenger at a time though. 
do I need to duplicate the trip? How do I do this? 

As I don't use the app to book reservations, I can only point you to this page:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/technical-difficulties-mobile-passes

If you say which trains you want to book, then we'll be able to give advice on alternative ways of booking (and possibly saving money).

Thank you very much. An alternative would be amazing!! :)

we are travelling on the 07.August.2021 from 

Zürich to Firenze S M N 

10:33 - 16:04

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you very much. An alternative would be amazing!! :)

Zürich to Firenze S M N 

I’d suggest to leave one hour earlier from Zürich and take the train until Chiasso. There you can change to the RE to Milano. Should save you 11 euro on the reservation. Arrival in Milano Centrale at 13.17. There you might buy the reservations at the ticket office (in case the train is not sold out. But at Saturday afternoon shouldn’t be too busy (although with 50% limitation a sell out can happen always, but there are many alternatives).
This way you will pay 10 instead of 21 euro per person for the reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Zürich to Firenze S M N 

I’d suggest to leave one hour earlier from Zürich and take the train until Chiasso.

Indeed, my thoughts exactly:

You can change either in Lugano (11:30-12:02 as above) or in Chiasso (11:55-12:31).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Zürich to Firenze S M N 

I’d suggest to leave one hour earlier from Zürich and take the train until Chiasso.

Indeed, my thoughts exactly:

You can change either in Lugano (11:30-12:02 as above) or in Chiasso (11:55-12:31).

Your route is actually the better one - 30mins in Lugano are definitely way more interesting than 30mins in Chiasso ;-) 
The view from the station “square” to the lake in Lugano is pretty nice.

Thank you so much for your generous help!! 

I am unfortunately having problems finding this connection…. :/

what website did you find it on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you so much for your generous help!! 

I am unfortunately having problems finding this connection…. :/

what website did you find it on?

You can find it for example on oebb.at or on bahn.de

Also it is in the RailPlanner App. Just use first “Zürich - Milano” and tick “no reservation needed” and then make an extra search for Milano - Firenze.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This was on the DB website. Please keep in mind that the Interrail app is not reliable enough for planning, although I'd expect these trains to appear there because everything seems to be running normally on that day. I forced the regional train to Milan by adding a “via” station where the EC doesn't stop.

Ahhh I found it ! 
Thxs for the help :)