Solved

"seat reservations unavailable" Munich > Rome nighttrain

• 30 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey!

I'm trying to book the OEBB night train from Munich to Rome on the 9th of April (depart 20:10), but the seat booking system gives me the error “seat reservations unavailable”. A similar error occurs for virtually all other night trains on this track for the next two weeks. When I try to book with OEBB directly, their website indicates “no prices available”.

Do these messages mean that all of these night trains are sold out, or is there rather an error in the booking system. Any advice on how to still transport myself from Munich to Rome on the 9th of April?

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 31 March 2022, 00:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There are no tickets available for this day, maybe full booked or engineering works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That night train looks full indeed. The same for the night train to Venice on the same day. I did see availability (via ÖBB) in both these trains on some other days in the week before and after 9 April, so there doesn't seem to be a booking problem.

Check DB and ÖBB for alternatives (ÖBB can also book reservations for the Italian trains). There are journeys with just one change but according to DB, it is going to be very busy on 9 April in the trains from Munich.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You could use day trains like EC München to Bologna/Venezia (10€ fee) and change there for an Frecciarossa to Rome (10€ reservation) like rvdborgt says.

But you could use the direct night train from Bolzano/Bozen to Rome. Take a Eurocity from Munich to Bolzano/Bozen (10€ fee, or you change at Brennero/Brenner to local trains “Regionale” so you have not to pay 10€) and then use from Bolzano/Bozen the Intercity Notte (ICN) to Rome (reservation from 3€ for a seat). Reservation bookable via interrail.eu or Italia Rail or any Deutsche Bahn office (German railways). If you don’t want a seat but like a couchette, check if the normal ticket price is cheaper than the interrail reservation fee.