Spain Trip

• 20 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello Community,

1. Can I book tickets for trains in Spain in advance on raileurope or DB? Because I want to plan my trip (end of may until end of June). When I look on raileurope, there are some connections, but they are more expensive than when I look for trains in march. Is this normal? 
  2. I can also book tickets at a ticket shelter of DB in Germany right? Because when I look on the internet page of DB for suggestions, I can't see the price and next to the route is: International tariff applies. What does that mean?
  3. Do you recommend taking the Bus instead of trains in Spain? I'm thinking about going by bus from Alicante to Granada, because the train connection is very bad. Is Alsa good for that? 

Thank you a lot!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Although this is a site for rail pass users I assume you are paying full price for your tickets.

If so you should try Renfe site (or the new low cost operators.

Check out the man in seat61 website for full details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The end of June is too far away for Spain. Don't cunt on seeing the complete timetable more than 2 months in advance.

DB can indeed book domestic tickets for Spain at the ticket office (or by phone), using the train number search (not using the normal timetable search). But only Flexpreis, no saver type tickets.

The new line Alicante - Murcia - Almeria is not open yet, so any connection by train is currently rather roundabout.