Strike in Italy - local trains

• 8 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

On Sunday 10.07.2022 there is a strike of local trains in Italy (Regionale, Regionale Veloce and Regio Express)

• Trenord in Lombardy region (Milan) (trains to Arona Air Show will run regularly
  • Trenitalia TPER in Emilia Romagna (Bologna) and this trains will run with an replacement bus instead. 
  • Trenitalia Tuscany (Firenze)

Long distance trains like Frecciarossa or IC will run regularly.

Check Trenitalia App if trains will run or the website viaggiatreno.it on Sunday before traveling. 

Last time a few weeks ago in this 3 regions, almost all trains got cancelled due to strikes. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And in some smaller areas of DE=Germany strikes have also hit some servcies-not really routes that most passholders tend to use.

Plus that timekeeping on DB is so bad (last month sinking <60% on time) that it often looks same as a light strike

Do you know whether the strike continues on Monday? And how can I find out which trains are running?

Google Maps says my train is canceled, but I can still find it on the Trenitalia website without any note about that…

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No in Italy strikes are only 1 day, not like in France or Germany. 

Google maps does not have any information about it. Don’t look there for checking train timetables. 

Trenitalia website does not show you if the train will run or not. Only looking in the Trenitalia app writing the train number or via http://www.viaggiatreno.it/ 

If a train will run or not, you will only know some hours before, not today. 

Keep in mind, that this is not in all Italy but only in some regions (read my post) and sometimes all trains run as normal, sometimes all strike. Nobody knows. Long distance trains run like normal. 

I am taking the train from Trieste to Venice St Lucia at 6:16 in the morning, do you think it will work? In the app, there is nothing mentioned about the strike atm, when would I know the train is cancelled?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I am taking the train from Trieste to Venice St Lucia at 6:16 in the morning, do you think it will work? In the app, there is nothing mentioned about the strike atm, when would I know the train is cancelled?

The interrail app is not online or updated regularly enough to be any use for that sort of information. Use DB website for planning and local rail company sites as noted in the post above yours for up to date running information.