TGV Seat Reservation France - Spain

• 9 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I‘m starting my interrail journey next week from Germany. For the TGV between France and Spain you only get a paper ticket by Mail for the seat reservations. But it would take too long for the Mail to arrive. Is it possible to book a seat reservation for these trains in a German or French train station? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

German stations "DB Reisezentrum " can sell it :) its difficult for them but possible if Railpass seats are free (only limited seats) 

Hi,

I am in a similar situation : I cannot book a train Barcelona - Paris in 10 days in the website of Interrail because it is said that the paper ticket would arrive too late. (But normally max. 5 days are sufficient. )
So, how can I reserve a seat between Barcelona and Paris ? We have to go to a station of the SNCF in Paris for example ?

Hi,

I‘m starting my interrail journey next week from Germany. For the TGV between France and Spain you only get a paper ticket by Mail for the seat reservations. But it would take too long for the Mail to arrive. Is it possible to book a seat reservation for these trains in a German or French train station? 

Hi Shannon, kann man auf der Interrail-Website nicht „per Mail“ angeben wenn man mit seinem Konto eingeloggt ist?

In französischen Bahnstationen klappt die Reservierung auf jeden Fall, wenn nicht schon alle weg sein sollten. In Deutschland klappt es normalerweise auch, außer die Funktion wurde vom Bahnbetreiber gesperrt (war bei mir für Italien so). Ansonsten schau einfach mal auf der Homepage vom TGV bzw. TGV inoui vorbei :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Regarding the TGV, your alternative would be to make your reservation: 

• In person: At a ticket desk or self-service machine in French (or your home country) train stations.

• By phone: Through one of the railway call centres. (SNCF in this case)

@Amaury Coulomb, same counts for you​​​​r trip in regards to in-person booking at train stations of your home country or the ones you Pass before getting on your train or by phone. For more information on the Barcelona to Paris route, have a look here