Solved

TGV seat reservations

• 5 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hey guys

I have some problems booking a seat reservation on the TGV:

1. From Nice to St Raphael (April/19th)
  2. From Nimes to Barcelona (April/22nd)

I do have an Interrail Online Pass (5 days per month). The Interrail app says “book at major train stations”.  Is there no opportunity to book a TGV seat reservation in advance?

Thank you so much!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 April 2022, 15:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sadly, DB doesn't offer reservations anymore for French domestic trains. You can still book:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And in case you have no luck-busy easter travel period, then simply use the slower, non-RES regional trains. As we tell here about a few time daily as seemingly each&everyone wants to make the very same trips. It will also save you quite a lot of money!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And I forgot to add:

The best way to book Nîmes to Barcelona on the TGV (15€) is via DB (ticket office or by phone). But it does look like there's none available anymore on 21 April.

Nice to St. Raphael can be done without reservation in a direct TER that is just as fast as the TGV.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Karl, Good to mention that for the Nimes-Barcelona can also be booked it via Interrail and reservations will be sent to you via mail. Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi Karl, Good to mention that for the Nimes-Barcelona can also be booked it via Interrail and reservations will be sent to you via mail. Cheers,

But note that Interrail can only sell it as paper reservation and because of a secure shipment it is quite hard to get reservation on short notice.
You promise it within atleast 9workdays but in fact the system shows at the end often a even later delivery date as the 9w workdays :)