Solved

Train cancellations. Can I take another train instead, without paying for another reservation?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

My train from Aulnoye-Aymeris to Paris Nord has been cancelled. I’m waiting for a train to Lille to Paris nord instead. 1 train from Lille straight to Paris nord requires a reservation, the 2nd has 3 change overs in between Lille and Paris nord. Is there any way that I can get the first train for free due to my original train being cancelled? 

icon

Best answer by elliejanel 22 May 2022, 13:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You should ask SNCF as they are responsible (due European Law) but i guess they refuse to give the reservation for free :/

That´s part of the experience and i found many nice spots in Europe because a train was delayed or canceled and i took because of that a different route.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

You should ask SNCF as they are responsible (due European Law) but i guess they refuse to give the reservation for free :/

That´s part of the experience and i found many nice spots in Europe because a train was delayed or canceled and i took because of that a different route.

Surprisingly they were actually really good with this! The guy at Aulnoye-Aymeris gave me a ‘delayed train’ pass then I got on the train to Paris with a free ticket as it was delayed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Good to hear :) Maybe SNCF improved their Customer Service :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good to hear :) Maybe SNCF improved their Customer Service :)

Service varies a lot in France… some staff really do their best to help you but others just can't be bothered.