Solved

Train from zagreb to belgrade

• 12 January 2022
  • 13 replies

Hello 

My friend and i were looking at going from Zagreb to Belgrade and then to Sofia, but our problem is That we cant find belgrade in our Eurail app, so we cant see any trains, How come?

-Ellen and Oline

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 January 2022, 22:13

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The train Zagreb - Belgrade is currently not running. The same is true for the train from Belgrade to Sofia. Nobody knows when they will run again.

Oh thank you. So is it not possible to take the train from somewhere in Croatia to Belgrate at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In addition, Serbian railways don't seem to have sent any timetables to the European Timetable Centre for the current timetable period, so you'd better look at their own website.

@Nanja, Serbia should also go on the list in the app of countries that “may be missing some timetable information".

Oh great That was very helpful! Thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Current international trains from / and to Serbia:

- one daily train from Bar to Belgrade

- one daily train from Kelebia to Subotica

(- one daily train from Pristina to Skopje) -> if you count Kosovo is part of serbia

- all serbian trains from / to Śtrpci (Bosnia)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In another, usually quite well informed railway-aimed forum, I read a week or 2 ago that (since new timetable of 12/12) there is a daily ´connection´=with fairly long wait in VINKOVCI from Hrvatska=Croat railways to Serb railways. But I have not been there, cannot say if its true

The line Budapest-Beograd is under thorough reconstruction, partly new built and upgraded to higher speed, inside HU trains run till Kelebia=borderpost, then 1/day onward to Subotica in RS. YOu then have to go to busstation (not to far) and find next bus to Beograd and buy a ticket for that-not include in passes.
BTW-if you would want to go further on- there are also for now and probably a long time to come, NO INTernational trains to/fro North Macedonia (except maybe that Kosovo one-said to often not run) and also not from Bulgaria into Greece.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Current international trains from / and to Serbia:

(- one daily train from Pristina to Skopje) -> if you count Kosovo is part of serbia

Please note that Interrail is not valid in Kosovo 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

For your information rvdborgt: Serbia has been added to the list in the app of countries that may be missing some timetable information. Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For your information rvdborgt: Serbia has been added to the list in the app of countries that may be missing some timetable information.

Thanks. But Spain, Italy and Greece are still missing in that list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi rvdborgt, correct. Those are still in progress of being checked. Expect to get back to that this week in this topic, so please bear with me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

FYI, Spain, Italy and Greece have been added to that list as well on 10/05/22 (sorry for the delay in notifying)

Does anyone have update of international trains going in and out of Serbia (Belgrade). I would like to travel to Belgrade from Istanbul, so possibly via Thessaloniki/Skopje, or via Sofia. Is this possible and which would be the better route?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No-and IF any of these trains gets re-instated there will be big cheers, enormous joy and this forum flooded with people who have all discovered this big news and are eagre to share it. So it should be evidently clear then.

There was a fairly recent overview+pix of all the very few DEPart. from the hard to find ´new´ station serving Beograd from a guy named broad-boy or -guy or so. He also did not seem overjoyed by what white city (=beo grad) had to offer, and even less enthusiastic about the bad service of the railways there. That was the latest hard info. Also check seat61.com - as always, on how to bridge the gap for dedicated allontherails fans. The funny thing is that several of these buslinks are just short intermediate parts of a busride that also does BGr-Sof, in much shorter time and probably even cheaper as the train-bus-walk-bus-train shuffle.