Solved

Train not in operation; longer route instead

• 6 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

A couple of times now I have booked tickets for trains or journeys that simply did not exist. The first time was going from Brussels to Luxembourg City. I used a Travel Day to book a ticket for a direct, fast train the night before. Traveling by rail was meant to be less complicated and faster than bus. When I arrived at the train station in the morning, I discovered that the train did not exist and instead was sent via 4 trains and a bus on a journey that was almost 3 times as long as what I booked. Had I known, I would have saved my Travel Day for a different date and booked a direct bus instead.

Today, the same thing has occurred traveling between Munich and Zurich. This morning I went to the train station and used up my last Travel Day to book a direct, fast train. This was confirmed by station workers. After departing on the train, however, I was informed that the train is no longer direct, that my journey requires 2 connections, and thus is now longer than advertised. This means that I am going to miss an important appointment.

What recourses do we have in these cases where rail companies sell misleading tickets? Eurail’s customer service is terrible and incredibly delayed.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 6 August 2021, 12:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

All your Routes are actual affected by natural problems 

Flood in Belgium 

A mud slide for your Munich - Zürich leg :) the railplanner of Interrail/Eurail is not up to date as the apps is mostly just to check if a train is covered or not. I always can repeat use atleast one Additional railplanner besides the one of Eurail for example Scotty or DB Navigator