Solved

Train number from eurail.com and marked on train ticket is differnt(booked with eurail.com).

​​​​​Hello. I need your help. It’s my first time to Europe :(

I have 10day 2month eurail global pass(Mobile).

Booked tickets with eurail.com reservation system and received tiekets by e-mail.

But few train numbers are differnt between ‘train number on eurail.com system’ and ‘train number on reserved ticket’.

So, My trip list on Rail planner APP and reserved train ticket have different train numbers.

This is OK? or something is going worng?

1.THALYS, 27/07/2022, Bruxelles-midi → Paris Nord.

1) When searching at eurail.com website the train number is ‘THA 9348’

2) With eurail.com reservation system I booked & received train ticket.

Train number on ticket is ‘THA9448’

2.THALYS, 01/08/2022, Paris Nord. → Burxellex-midi

1) When searching at eurail.com website the train number is ‘THA 9327’

2) With eurail.com reservation system I booked & received train ticket.

Train number on ticket is ‘THA9427’

Thak you for your help.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 7 July 2022, 19:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thalys (and SNCF) run some services with 2 complete train sets coupled together.

Because they are French and just love to make up their own rules, instead of having one train number and different coach numbers they use 2 different train numbers for each set.

Depending on what way a particular site or app is formatted it may show only one or the other or both as one train or 2 trains.

Your reservations are correct, just make sure you join the correct set as it is not possible to walk between them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Fortunately, they use different coach numbers for each train set, so finding the right coach should not be too difficult.

Thalys (and SNCF) run some services with 2 complete train sets coupled together.

Because they are French and just love to make up their own rules, instead of having one train number and different coach numbers they use 2 different train numbers for each set.

Depending on what way a particular site or app is formatted it may show only one or the other or both as one train or 2 trains.

Your reservations are correct, just make sure you join the correct set as it is not possible to walk between them.

AI_G!! Thank you so musch! It’s really helpful and now I’m feeling comfortable :) 감사합니다.

Fortunately, they use different coach numbers for each train set, so finding the right coach should not be too difficult.

Thank you rvdborgt! :) 고마워요.