Train reservations not possible

• 30 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am trying to make reservations for the train form Amsterdam to Munich on august 2nd but at checkout it says that it is not possible. I have checked and the planner says that there are enough seats available. Can anyone help me with this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can reserve directly with bahn.de :) 4€ per Journey and not per train ;)

Dutch Reservation form of DB

Thankyou! We can apparently take the ICE but there are no more seats available.. So we have to decide whether to take the risk and go without reservations or to go a day later.

Also, are there similar sites for Austria and Italy? We have to make a lot of train reservations haha

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thankyou! We can apparently take the ICE but there are no more seats available.. So we have to decide whether to take the risk and go without reservations or to go a day later.

Also, are there similar sites for Austria and Italy? We have to make a lot of train reservations haha

For Austria you can do it on www.oebb.at
But if you are flexible I would not pay for the reservation… if you don’t mind sitting a while away from your friend, on most connections should not be a problem to find a seat and without reservations you are way more flexible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Currently, DB only sells 50% of their seats. You can however also sit on the other ones. Currently, if a train is sold out, only 50% of the seats will have been reserved so there's a big chance there will be free seats. Especially at the front and the rear end of the train (as usual).