Solved

Train without reservation - France

• 9 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I will be taking a Train from Nice to Italy tomorrow and it does not requiere a reservation. But since France has those automatic controlls and no conductor, I am wondering if the QR Code in the App will be accepted and let me pass through? Because in the last trains I only scanned the paper reservation ticket and never used the Code from the App. Any experience?

another question: is it mandatory to print the E-Ticket reservations for Trains in Italy?

icon

Best answer by Nanja 11 August 2021, 15:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, your Pass is accepted. You can open the gates with the barcode on your ticket. Simply hold it against the scanner. If, for some reason, this is not possible or the gates do not open, please speak to a member of staff at the station. They will be able to open the gates for you.
It differs per train staff member but in general they will check both the seat reservations (which is a reduced tariff for Pass holders) and your App, to check if you have the correct reservation. 

Most e-tickets do not have to be printed. But if you do, it is clearly stated on your reservation ticket.