Solved

Trains change of schedule

• 4 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Good morning, I would like to ask your support with a problem I had on Monday. I don't know who should I contact, as I haven't received any answer from Eurail. I needed to travel from Venezia Mestre (where I live) to Stuttgart on Monday (via Munich), and this would have been my frist trip of my interrail pass (5 days within a month). I booked the train from Venezia Mestre to Munich at 13.47 on Monday 2 August, however once I went to the station, the train was not displayed. I talked to the train company and they told me that that train has been anticipated by one hour and unfortunately they didn't notify most of the passengers who didn't book via the OBB website, but via other platforms (like me). So the next train would have arrives at 2.30 in the night (waisting also in this case two travel days). So I decided to depart the day later, on Tuesday 3rd August at 7.49, so that I could have more changes to find a train. I reserved other tickets and still there were major delays and I arrived in Munich with a delay of 3 hours. Now, I would like to ask for the cancellation of Monday as travel day, as I couldn't take any train (not for my fault, but because there was a problem wih the OBB and the passengers who booked via other apps). Normal passenfers can ask for the refund, but me wih the interrail ticket I need to ask for the refund of he travelling day. How could I proceed? I also had to pay more on Tuesday, as the connection was not direct and I had to take an high speed train from Venice to Verona.  I already sent an email to Eurail but I haven't received any answer yet. Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 4 August 2021, 20:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can open a case here https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new maybe the Customer Support can give you the travelday back

Usually the company that cause the delay are responsible for a new ticket/reservation or even if needed for a Hotel :) There is no excuse because you have Interrail as it´s still a valid ticket.

In cases of delay ask the conductor of the delayed train or the station staff for assistance. In case of Interrail/Eurail they often give you a Zero Fare ticket to your sheduled destination of the day for the next day :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, Seewulf is right, but as the day already passed, our Customer Support team can look into your case to see what we can do for you. Can you provide me with your email address via a private message, please. Thanks