Transfer time Marseille St Charles

• 23 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Full steam ahead
  • 36 replies

Hi there!

My family and I are travelling from La ciotat to the UK (Stroud) on 2nd June.

There’s a 9.55 from La Ciotat to Marseille but that leaves just a 17 min transfer time for the Paris train from Marseille. Is this too short a transfer time? Thank you for any guidance.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 23 February 2024, 18:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It actually depends on how late your Eurostar is leaving, that's the most essential train you cannot miss.

For now it looks okay. But if you're doubting, best take a train earlier from La Ciotat. Trust your gut feeling. The TER there is frequent, so there will be earlier trains. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Additionally, the reservations will be cheaper (€10) on raileurope.com (desktop website only).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is one at 09:26 on Sundays so really not too bad. You can decide on the day without issues.

For example if you went to Marseille a few days earlier and noticed that all trains are routinely 5-10 min late, take the earlier one.

Personally I'd take the 09:26 as it's an important connection afterwards. On the other hand there will almost certainly be people on the 09:55 heading towards Paris so they might wait a bit...

Not worth the risk this time imo. They also like to close the gates 3-5 min earlier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not worth the risk this time imo. They also like to close the gates 3-5 min earlier.

Pfff… really SNCF at their best f* the customer behaviour...

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you. 

We’re thinking of getting the Eurostar from Paris at 16.05.

I’d not seen the 9.26 from ciotat so thanks for that. 

so the journey is looking like this - does it look ok?

Sunday 2nd June

• la ciotat 9.26
  • arr marseille 9.58

• dep  marseille 10.45
  • arr paris 13.50

• Eurostar dep paris 16.05
  • arri london 17.35

• dep london 18.30
  • arr stroud 19.56

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That plan looks sound.