Skip to main content

Hi there!

My family and I are travelling from La ciotat to the UK (Stroud) on 2nd June.

There’s a 9.55 from La Ciotat to Marseille but that leaves just a 17 min transfer time for the Paris train from Marseille. Is this too short a transfer time? Thank you for any guidance.

It actually depends on how late your Eurostar is leaving, that's the most essential train you cannot miss.

For now it looks okay. But if you're doubting, best take a train earlier from La Ciotat. Trust your gut feeling. The TER there is frequent, so there will be earlier trains. 

Additionally, the reservations will be cheaper (€10) on raileurope.com (desktop website only).

There is one at 09:26 on Sundays so really not too bad. You can decide on the day without issues.

For example if you went to Marseille a few days earlier and noticed that all trains are routinely 5-10 min late, take the earlier one.

Personally I'd take the 09:26 as it's an important connection afterwards. On the other hand there will almost certainly be people on the 09:55 heading towards Paris so they might wait a bit...

Not worth the risk this time imo. They also like to close the gates 3-5 min earlier.

Not worth the risk this time imo. They also like to close the gates 3-5 min earlier.

Pfff… really SNCF at their best f* the customer behaviour...

Thank you. 

We’re thinking of getting the Eurostar from Paris at 16.05.

I’d not seen the 9.26 from ciotat so thanks for that. 

so the journey is looking like this - does it look ok?

Sunday 2nd June

• la ciotat 9.26
  • arr marseille 9.58

• dep  marseille 10.45
  • arr paris 13.50

• Eurostar dep paris 16.05
  • arri london 17.35

• dep london 18.30
  • arr stroud 19.56

That plan looks sound.

That plan looks sound.

Thank you!