Solved

Trenitalia discounts

• 8 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, I’ve  just noticed that Trenitalia offers some discounts on trains. It seems that it’s better to buy a regular ticked instead of using a day-trip with Interrail.

The same train when try to book a seat in interrail system:

And promo price in trenitalia (w/o interrail discount) for exactly the same train:

97EUR with Interrail, 83EUR without :-O

Do I understand it wrong? Is there any option to buy a super econony & interrail mix? Or just the best option is to buy a regular ticket and to save a trip day for the future?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 March 2022, 22:42

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, the cheapest advance fares for Italian night trains can be cheaper than the supplement by itself. I've seen that before, although mainly for Italian sleepers, not for couchettes.

The situation may change once single couchette berths can be booked again (not sure when that will be though). This is a 4-person couchette compartment for single use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are also PASSes-valid only locally on REGionale trains of Tr-It fo 3 or 5 days that cost around 10/15€/day. These are perfact for shorter daytrips out of large cities like Roma or Firenze.

As for now due to covid rules you must reserve a whole compartmt on sleeper/cuccette, this makes it very uneconomical for sinle travellers. Noone knows how long this will last.