Solved

Trips showing up on website but not on app

Hi,

I seem to have a pretty big problem with my Eurail. Basically, most of the train journeys I’m interested in taking don’t show up when I search for them on the app. They do, however, show up on the website, but it appears I can’t add them to my pass from the website. So, to book a seat for my upcoming first journey of the travel (from Madrid to Ronda, on the 10th of May, at 3:05PM), I added the trip manually to my pass on the app, copying the information from what I saw on the website and triple-checking that it was accurate. I then went in person to the train station (Atocha, in Madrid), as instructed by Eurail, to try to book the ticket, but was told there was no way for them to book it because my manually-entered journey had no QR code. (After I add the journey to my pass by toggling the little QR code icon, I go to “My Pass” and click on “Show ticket”, but it says “No ticket for this date”.) Does anyone know why that’s happening and what I could do to fix it? I tried to ask Eurail a few days ago but they haven’t answered yet, and I’m getting a bit worried since I’m supposed to be leaving tomorrow. If there was a way to add a journey to my trip from the website, and for it to synchronize with my app, that seems like it would fix most of the problem. 

Thank you!

François

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 8 August 2022, 09:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Can you try to add a random other journey, just to get the QR code? Or show them your order confirmation.

The mobile pass has many bugs, unfortunately. 
You paid for your pass, so you should insist on getting your reservation at the ticket in Madrid. It’s not your fault that the ticket is not working.

I can advise you to check the EU Passenger Rights. Interrail and the railway companies are always reponsible for getting you to your destination, if you’ve paid for your ticket. 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, I am sorry to hear of your traveling issues in Spain and thank you for posting about this. Indeed, as Sebastian mentioned, this seems to have been due to a technical glitch. It might be useful to add that it helps to ensure that your pass is updated to the latest available version and that you are connected to a stable WiFi connection when adding a new journey to a travel day. Once the journey is added, you don't have to be connected to WiFi to “show ticket”. The website has more up to date info than the app, and you can find last minute delays, changes and cancellations on the carrier's website too. Please do get in touch with our customer service team if you've incurred any fines or other additional costs due to this issue and we'll be happy to look into it :)