Solved

Unable to book on SNCF

I would like to book a train from Paris CDG airport to Lyon, however, the eurail reservation website says it is unavailable, and suggests for me to go on to the train station.  I also tried to book on SNCB, it is unable to do so. I would like to avoid booking fees 2€, is it possible to try on any other websites? And based on experience, is the Paris to Lyon train crowded?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 11 April 2022, 12:07

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On which date is that and what is you departure time?

Sat 16/04 at 10:00

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are still seats available. This is with a 2nd class pass via Belgian railways:

This website will charge 4€ per booking though. To avoid booking charges, you can also call SNCF (press #85 for English) or Belgian railways but there will be phone charges instead.

Oh interesting, thanks! if let’s say i book the 8:29 one, and i missed it, can my tickets be exchanged for the next train? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh interesting, thanks! if let’s say i book the 8:29 one, and i missed it, can my tickets be exchanged for the next train? 

You can generally not change your reservation anymore after your booked train has departed. It's then better to book a later train and change to an earlier train if you arrive early and seats ar still available on the early train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For those who understand the fine details; SNCF offers a very few 10€ places=IN the allotted quota for that train/day-and if this is taken, price goes up to 20€-untill all seats are sold-EU/InterRail has trouble to offer these seats-and has been pointed at this a few zillion times.

16/4 is the SAT before easter and hence a major travel day

DO also be aware that many flites from over the ocean arr often with hours delay at that major airport-and that from some Terminals it takes a lot of effort and time to reach then the train station.

Wow thank you!!! this is a very good information to note!! thank you! 

also one more question, why is there a “drink” icon in some time slots, and none in some? does it mean those with no “drink” icon, has no food provided at all, even on first class? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

also one more question, why is there a “drink” icon in some time slots, and none in some? does it mean those with no “drink” icon, has no food provided at all, even on first class? 

No idea. Both TGVs have a bar and as far as I know, no drinks are provided for free.

Badge

@rvdborgt I have booked tickets from Paris to KARLSRUHE Germany through interrail. But I am unable to retrieve the ticket on SNCF mobile app or website? 

However, I have ticket sent by Interrail. Any suggestion how to retrieve it on SNCF?

If not, would there be any problem while boarding the train?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt I have booked tickets from Paris to KARLSRUHE Germany through interrail. But I am unable to retrieve the ticket on SNCF mobile app or website? 

However, I have ticket sent by Interrail. Any suggestion how to retrieve it on SNCF?

If not, would there be any problem while boarding the train?

You have received your reservation as a PDF via e-mail. That is enough. I'm not sure if you can get it into the SNCF app but that is not necessary.